• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Ålesund

Ooops, competition for the narrow space at Moljegapet:

An unusual view of a HSC as both squeeze through:

We made it:

Heading West to check the Crab trap set yesterday:
    Last edited by ombugge; September 24th, 2011, 08:26.

Comment

Here is the catch of crabs from a single trap set overnight off Tueneset:

Comment

Re: This is Steinvaagsundet in Ålesund

Our little boat trip started and ended at this Marine in Skarbovik:

Comment

B&B have their Salvage base here, but most of the boats and equipment was busy on the day:

Heading out of Steinvaagsundet:

Steinvaagsbroa, which connect the islands of Aspoya and Hessa:

Comment

Sunnmore Fiskeindustri to Port:

Fjordlaks to Stbd.:

I don't know anything about the little boat standing on dry land at Fjordlaks.

Discharging live Salmon for slaughter at Fjordlaks:
            Last edited by ombugge; September 24th, 2011, 08:28.

Comment

Ombugge, I am greatly enjoying all these images of Ålesund, both familiar and some unfamiliar views…seems a bit bizarre too as over this weekend I am also enjoying watching all the TV coverage from the Singapore F1!!!!!!! (great views over the circuit during yesterday’s first practice session as the sun went down – happy memories!) There also, as in Ålesund, I see a number of buildings new since my last visit!

Comment

The world are a changing, but Aalesund is still much the same as it was in my young days growing up there, only more colourful now as everybody is conscious of the Jugend style heritage that was taken for granted before. "Nobody" noticed the intricate details in the facades, doors and windows of the mostly unpainted gray houses in the central part of town.

Comment

More Stenivaagsundet, or rather Drevika on the opposit side of Steinvaagsneset:

This used to be a busy fish factory, producing both fresh fish, Klippfisk and processing herring in that season. Now used only for storage.

A final look back at Steinvaagsbroa as we re-enter the Marina:

End of a short boat trip to see Nordlys at the most critical time of salvage (In the Nordlys thread) and to catch some crabs for Pepper Crab that evening.

Comment

A few more from the Inner Harbour, but this time taken from dry land at Skansekaia:

Fjellstua from the roof of the Hurtigrute Terminal:

Comment

More of Brosundet, but this time the boats seen on our short trip in and out.
                      Maud af Aalesund:

I didn't get the name of this one, but a long time "resident" of Brosundet:

I believe I have posted pictures of this boat in the Sailing Vessel thread earlier.

Comment

A couple of modern sailing boats:

One is used for Charter trips in the region and beyond.

Comment

Ombugge, that seems to have been a really nice morning. I can feel the atmopshere of a small quiet town slowly waking up for a new day.

Comment

Bilfergen has been featured in the Veteran ships and boats thread:

A fishing boat selling newly cooked crab directly to customers on the wharf:

Comment

Re: This is Ålesund from the air

Some pictures taken through the aircraft window on approach to Aalesund Airport, Vigra two weeks ago.

PS> If they look a little over-saturated it is NOT because I have become a Photo-shopper. I had to use the "Autofix" function in Photobucket because the originals were far too dark.

Volda:

Oersta/Volda Airport, Hovden:

Hareide:
                              Last edited by ombugge; September 24th, 2011, 10:54.

Comment

Re: This is Ålesund from the air

Hessa:

Aalesund:

Comment

Working...
                                X