This is Ålesund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    It usually does, every year. I will be there for this one.
    Welcome home to Norway!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I miss Ålesund.

I miss Norway.

I wanna come "home".......

Please, Santa?

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
        I miss Ålesund.

I miss Norway.

I wanna come "home".......

Please, Santa?
        It all comes down to how nice girl you have been the last 11,5 months or so...

Actually, Norway is not that far away for you. Just a short hop across the pond, OR, you could stove away on board Air Force 1 or Marine 1 which is expected to land at Oslo tomorrow morning (from Copenhagen).
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          It all comes down to how nice girl you have been the last 11,5 months or so...

Actually, Norway is not that far away for you. Just a short hop across the pond, OR, you could stove away on board Air Force 1 or Marine 1 which is expected to land at Oslo tomorrow morning (from Copenhagen).
          Nice Girl???? or Good Girl??????

I can't stowaway on AF1 or M1...I'm a registered Republican. "They" don't allow any contact with Republicans......

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
            "They" don't allow any contact with Republicans......
            ....maybe also the Norwegians would not allow, if they knew....

(don't take that too serious, i just could not resist...)
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Oh, it's too early to start lobbing verbal grenades!!!!!

I just believe I'm a better judge of what's right for me and my family than the government is........

And, oh....this would be such a FUN and ENLIGHTENING and LIVELY discussion to have one day! I do SO enjoy a good debate..

Here's to the day we all get together in person and have that discussion, my friends!!!

Comment

AAlesund today

Here is Aalesund on this 27th of December, 2009:

The new HSC Terminal:

Comment

Funny how, once you have been to a city, you consider it "yours"...I was thinking "oh, look, new photos of "my" Ålesund!

Oh, I long for hours to wander around here....

Comment

Aalesund today 29. Dec.2009

Here is a few situation pics from Aalesund today:

The sun makes an attempt at climbing avove the hills:

Not too many people using the playground:

Comment

Chilly Wonderful-ness!!!!!!

Comment

Aalesund today 30. Dec.2009

I'm NOT starting a 365 project, only to show how things changes by the day and by the hour in this winter wonder land.

Day breaks at abt. 0930 after a night of heavy snow:

The bus parking lot next door:

At high noon the snow stopped and the sun still tried to climb the hills:

But the snow soon came back to to thwart the attempt:

And before you know it, it is dark again. (1530 hrs):

And this is NOT north of the Arctic Circle. (Aalesund is "only" 63.5 degr. North)

Comment

We have the same condition here in Kristiansund also.

I might make some "enemies" now, but I HATE snow!
                          To put it in another way; I "like it so little" I can't even make myself take pictures of it....

All children enjoy themselves in such conditions, and that I understand very well, but for me as an adult, the white stuff don't do me anything good whatsoever.

That said, thanks for your report 'ombugge'!!

Where do you stay when visiting Ålesund....., as I can't figure out that bus-station and road tunnel...?
                          (No need for an adress, but I was just curious as to what I see; which fjord, what mountains on the other side, and so on)
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; December 30th, 2009, 17:09.
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            We have the same condition here in Kristiansund also.

I might make some "enemies" now, but I HATE snow!
                            To put it in another way; I "like it so little" I can't even make myself take pictures of it....

All children enjoy themselves in such conditions, and that I understand very well, but for me as an adult, the white stuff don't do me anything good whatsoever.

That said, thanks for your report 'ombugge'!!

Where do you stay when visiting Ålesund....., as I can't figure out that bus-station and road tunnel...?
                            (No need for an address, but I was just curious as to what I see; which fjord, what mountains on the other side, and so on)
                            Actually I prefer snow on X-mas cards, but to me snow is something I only see rarely, having lived in the tropics most of my life.
                            We usually have our family reunion on Bali, where the climate is somewhat more agreeable. This is the second year we have celebrated X-mas here in Aalesund, because two of our sons hasn't been able to make it to Bali as they are serving in Afghanistan and just returned from there on 22. Dec.

As for the position from where most of the pics I have posted the last few day are taken, it is mostly from the enclosed veranda in my sons house for obvious reasons. It is situated in the eastern part of Aalesund. (Noerve)

The fjord you see is Borgundfjorden and the mountain across the fjord is Sula, while the first pics in post 204 was indeed taken from Skarbovika, but only to show Aalesund from an angle seldom seen.

Comment

Aalesund 01.01.10

The first day of the new year and decade dawned cold and clear:

With the flag flying:

Even the sun makes an appearance:

Not a cloud in the sky and sun on the mountains:

Last edited by ombugge; January 1st, 2010, 20:03.

Comment

Some have found themselves a bit of open water in which to beg for food:

And others a place to rest:

Some must have found this bench a bit cold:

Waiting for better times:

Look how much snow came down during the last two days:

But there is a bit of comfort to be found at home:

Comment

Working...
                                X