Sukhothai Heritage Resort, Thailand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sukhothai Heritage Resort, Thailand

This is the hotel where I stayed one night on my first visit to Thailand when I was travelling with an organised tour. Although included in the Hotel room views March 2010 thread on my return, and mentioned in more recent posts in the Sukhothai thread, it surely deserves a thread of its own.

I really liked this modern-built but traditional-architecture-inspired boutique-style hotel, but being a half hours drive from the Historical Park, it wasn’t suitable for my return to Sukhothai in 2011 as a non-driver independent traveller. It is located less than five minutes drive away from Sukhothai airport, and is associated with it and Bangkok Airways.

In a rural setting of green countryside and rice fields, the road leading to the hotel entrance is planted with colourful flower bushes.

Comment

Comment

The open plan public spaces are grouped around the garden pool, the buildings’ roofs suggesting the style of ancient Sukhothai architecture.

Comment

Comment

Comment

My bedroom had had a balcony, and overlooked the swimming pool.

Comment

Comment

Some details of the bathroom. I liked the way the facecloths were folded like flowerbuds.

I liked the way the facecloths were folded like flowerbuds (but was unable to replicate the technique!!)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Evening tranquillity.

Comment

Working...
                              X