Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Clarion Hotel at Trondheim Port, Brattøra.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic The new Clarion Hotel at Trondheim Port, Brattøra.

A few images of the exterior (haven't been inside it yet):

• pakarang
    replied
    Updated view as of last week, with full story on my bLOG:

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    For you, Lady C!
    A pressy for me! Thank you so much Jan-Olav. Evokes special happy memories.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    For you, Lady C!

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    A truly wonderful series of photos but I must say the chair in #27 made me stop scrolling down the page. The straight lines and slight curving of the chair's surface caught my eye for some reason. All beautiful photos but the chair in 27 is my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Very impressive photography, architecture and patterns. Looking at the hotel from the outside, it certainly doesn't give away much of the perfection inside.

It is not before you get inside you start to learn and appreciate all the architectural details.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Something seemed to catch my eye at every turn. It's impossible to stop taking images like these!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Objects ...details...

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Vivid deep reds and blues provide focus points and contrast against the light walls, though I find myself wanting those colours in the poster also (however "green" its message!), leaving the occasional green contrast to the precisely placed plants and trees you saw earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Looking now across in the other direction you see it's a huge and imaginative space, yet there is a homely feel to it.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    An excellent muli-functional space, which takes on the feel of different times of day not simply from subtle lighting effects but also from the play of natural light entering the atrium…...

...whilst the pattern of the carpeted area plays with the theme of the faceted walls.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Looking towards the separate entrance to the Congress atrium:

"Service with passion".

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

I found a bridge with the most spectacular view of all, looking at the Congress atrium.

…in the next instalment let’s look around the Congress area in more detail…

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

So we find ourselves looking down into the Congress area, and a whole wall, with tantalising glimpses of the various levels beyond those geometric windows, plays with our perception of space.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Where was wandering along hotel corridors ever this interesting! In this view looking towards one of the bridge walkways, you might at first think that the geometric wall was directly adjacent to the door on the right, but looking more closely you see it is actually at the far end of the bridge and you are looking part way through a glass parapet. Moreover that pointed four-sided mirror is not a mirror at all, but a window into the corridor reached by the bridge!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X