Seemühle ("Lake Mill"), Gräfendorf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seemühle ("Lake Mill"), Gräfendorf

We took three days off in a nice hotel, which is a little different: The Seemühle in Gräfendorf.

Here you can see the main building. The waterwheel is producing electricity, in the main building is the reception, a kitchen and the breakfast room. The second building is a common living room for rainy or cold evenings with a bar and a fireplace.

IMG_0660 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

The rooms are tree cabins. This was our cabin.

IMG_0645 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

It is built round an oak tree in 12 m height.

IMG_0643 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

When the wind is blowing or you are walking inside the cabin, there is a smooth movement. It is similar as on a ship!

IMG_0642 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Inside you will find a large bed (small kids can find a second bed high up under the roof)...

IMG_0637 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

...and a corner, where you can have a seat inside.

IMG_0636 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

But if ever possible, you will sit on the terrace and have a nice view over the valley. The cabin has also a fully equipped bathroom with shower and toilet.

IMG_0699 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

The hotel sauna is located in this refurbished construction trailer.

IMG_0754 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

On cold days you can relax inside, on warmer days you go outside or you might even use the lake (for us still too cold in early April).

IMG_0755 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

The cabins are in the wood right above the sauna-trailer. It was wonderful and very relaxing!

IMG_0665 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

Ooohhhhh Ralf! A tree-house hotel room! Absolutely wonderful!

Comment

I have seen some of the programs from America regarding the construction of wooden houses in the trees
          That's amazing.
          And when you also get the feeling of being aboard a ship movements is just a big plus for me.
          Thank you for sharing the photos with us, Ralf

Comment

Cool place! It has an aura of relaxation hanging over it!

Comment

An absolutely wonderful place to stay - and I noticed the bottle of champagne by the tree!

I guess I'm watching the same TV-programs as Azimut.... I think it's called something like "Treehouse builders".... the tree houses they build are absolutely amazing. This is something I would like to try in my life as well.
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you all gor the nice comments. I can recommend such a stay for everyone who dreams of it. It is an unforgettable experience. We had this bottle of champaign in the dark on the terrace, as suddenly a small owl was claiming directly above us, why we were sitting on her tree. After some more complaints she moved about five trees further. Never talked with an owl before!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  Thank you all gor the nice comments. I can recommend such a stay for everyone who dreams of it. It is an unforgettable experience. We had this bottle of champaign in the dark on the terrace, as suddenly a small owl was claiming directly above us, why we were sitting on her tree. After some more complaints she moved about five trees further. Never talked with an owl before!
                  hahahahaha.... I didn't know you were THAT strong in other languages!

Would have loved to hear a recording of that conversation, Ralf!
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                  X