• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    started a topic World hotel room views

World hotel room views

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen.
    Room 561

Perhaps I should start the hotel room views from my recent travels with the one that had the least view! –but was an unusual design being up the in roof, and cosy, and wireless internet access too! – time in the evening to catch up with everything else that had been going on in CVF besides the Korsfjord thread that had dominated both my attention and hotel room choices the previous few days!

• ombugge
    replied
    This hotel view has been shown before (Post #325), but from a different angle:

A small wading pool for kids:

With a very good advise:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    This should be a useful site for your search: http://www.flightlesstravel.com/plan/cargo-ships/

PS> There are max. 12 Pax allowed on board most freighters. (But you may be alone)
    Not cheap, but different.

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    From where to where, or in general??

• pilotdane
    commented on 's reply
    I'm searching the web for passenger travel on commercial ships.

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Brilliant, ombugge! Great view, great photo.

• ombugge
    replied
    Not exactly a Hotel Room View, but the view from the porthole of my cabin on board the VLCC Antarctica at Eastern Anchorage, Singapore:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied

Finally we spent a couple of nights in a dingy little hotel in Ulu Tiram, Johor to visit long term friends and eat at our favourit restaurant near there. (More on that in the Food thread)
    A step or two down from what we had become accustomed to:

View from our window:

That ends the "hotel review" from this trip.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Pictures from old Malacca in recesses and with spotlights:

The ceiling lights were old converted kerosene lamps. (Fakes?):

The Kitchenette:

Coffee shop next door and restaurants all around. No hardship.

The Dining room:

An interesting stay in a comfortable old house, which I can recommend to any CVF member who visit Malacca in the future.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The stairs to the upstairs bedrooms was rather steep:

View back to the large Sitting Room:

An old Sawing Machine served no purpose, other than as decoration:

Some decorative items in a shelf and a flat screen TV on a chest of drawers in the sitting room:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Let me give you a guided tour of the premises. The facade towards the street:

The front entrance:

With stained glass windows in the door and on either side:

The front door from the inside:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    As some may have noticed we have spent X-mas and New Year in Malaysia again this year.
    We did not stay in actual hotels, but not to create a separate thread I choose to show our abodes in this thread.

We spent X-mas in a short-term rented condo in Penang. No pictures from the flat, but is was a 3-bedroom unit with fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, TV, WiFi etc. A little worn, but OK for a short stay. In fact we ended up spending a bit longer than planned. We were supposed to spend some days on the East coast, but due to the flooding we had to cancel that part.

Here is the view from our apartment on the 7th floor of Desa Pelangi Condo, Penang:

More in the "This is Malaysia" thread.

We spent New Year in a newly renovated Town House in Malacca, which was a lot more interesting. (Not the view, but the house)
    It was a typical Chinese style Town House from 1916:

Fairly narrow front, but compensating for that with a deep interior:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The hotel has only recently added "Billion" to the name.
    Here is a picture of the main building, with "The Waterfront" on the tower:

This wing contains only rooms and does not have the same clear view of harbour as the rooms in the main building:

The Waterfront seen from the anchorage:

I did not take any pictures of the room, which was fairly standard.
    I have stayed here many times before, so there may be some earlier pictures from the rooms of this hotel somewhere on this thread.
    Last edited by ombugge; January 5th, 2015, 07:23. Reason: correcting spelling mistake.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    180 degr. panorama view from the veranda outside my room at he Billion Waterfront Hotel in Labuan FT, East Malaysia:

Blow it up a bit to see better the boats at anchor in Victoria Harbour.

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    Finally, we dock and get a water view. This morning I pulled back the curtains Wertheim and this was my view... a brewery. I think it's a sign.

Later we are going to Miltenberg and I hope to get to the Faust brewery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X