No announcement yet.

World hotel room views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After finding my room and depositing my luggage, I out of habit quickly took a room photo before heading back across the road where Tommi and Tom (what a WOW CVF photographic duo that is!!!!!) were waiting in the lobby…and off we set on a photo walk. But it was next morning before I took the customary view from the window, and the bad news is that they don’t fully open. But no excuses needed for views like these:

Comment

This was obviously going to be my 366 Skyscape of the day; who would have thought it would loose that honour to a snap from the window of the airport bus!

Comment

Comment

As this was a free stay on Scandic points, and I had incurred no additional expenditure, there wasn’t a printed receipt and I can’t now remember the room number...sorry!

Seagull heads East to Asia in the next instalment of her recent travels here in Hotel Room Views!

Comment

Hilton Hotel, Copenhagen Airport

Hilton Hotel, Copenhagen Airport
            19 November 2011
            Room 1216

I had chosen to overnight in CPH, spend time in town (in Tivoli, as as you may have seen in the Copenhagen thread) and fly to Thailand on the evening departure SAS flight. The Thai Airways flight from here (and the alternative from Heathrow) arrives in Bangkok first thing in the morning, and an immediate onward domestic flight in Thailand seemed a bit much straight after the long-haul. In any case at the time of booking, I needed to allow time for problems and keep all travel arrangements flexible due to the flood situation in Thailand. In the event, the situation improved, and I didn’t encounter any difficulty due to the floods at all.

The room is in the East wing and has an airport view, although less so in the increasingly foggy weather!

Last edited by Seagull; January 4th, 2012, 12:48.

Comment

Park Inn Hotel, Copenhagen

Park Inn Hotel
              Copenhagen
              20 November 2011
              Room 301

“What’s she doing here” you must be thinking…
              Or, perhaps you remembered the fog mentioned in the previous post. But no, it wasn’t that which caused the overnight delay of the flight, but a suspected fuel leak and no replacement aircraft until morning! It took a while for the situation to become clear, and food vouchers were issued to spend in the airport. When the flight was eventually rescheduled for 08:30 the next day, SAS arranged the hotel and taxi vouchers to get there. Maybe business class passengers got the more convenient and luxurious Hilton, connected to the airport without having to emerge into the outside world!

Park Inn is some 3km or so from the airport, on Engvej. It was past one o’clock in the morning and tiredness had caught up with me by the time I got there, and I needed to sort out the free wifi internet access we were given so as to e-mail the Bangkok hotel about late arrival, but such is my devotion to CaptainsVoyage that the first thing I automatically thought of doing was a photo for this thread. Not much to see actually out of the window in the foggy dark, but I did photograph the room for you!

Last edited by Seagull; January 4th, 2012, 12:49.

Comment

Novotel, Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok

Novotel, Suvarnabhumi Airport
                Bangkok, Thailand.
                21 November 2011
                Room 2527

The hotel is very close to the airport, immediately beyond the maze of roads and flyovers serving the various levels of arrival and departure, car parking etc. One can, from just outside the back of the hotel, walk there through new but, in places where there are unused retail outlet spaces, rather dark and dismal underground passages. (This I did the following morning in order to sort out a Thai sim card for my iPad, something I’d intended to do on arrival had the flight time not changed.)

But the hotel actually has a constantly coming and going free shuttle mini bus, and a prominent greeting desk in Arrivals where even without specifically-made transfer arrangements and at half past one in the morning I was rapidly whisked to the hotel, efficiently checked in, and in my room taking the above photo.
                Last edited by Seagull; January 4th, 2012, 12:49.

Comment

I woke when it was getting light and took the hotel room view.

Comment

My travel mascot Sea-Troll seems to be trying to remove the cling film from his complimentary sweets and chocolates!

I went back to bed for a while before leisurely heading for a great buffet breakfast.

Comment

Time to venture outside and test the very-different-from-Copenhagen temperature!

A reminder that it was not long before the King’s birthday.

Comment

Re: World hotel room views

Great work there with the room views Seagull! You succeed very well in capturing that cozy welcome feeling that every hotel wants to have. The Bergen skyscapes are also terrific!

Comment

Re: World hotel room views

Love the latest additions from Norwegian - and Thai - hotels....

And you captured so well the Thai's love for "cling-film".....
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Tharaburi Resort, Sukhothai

Tharaburi Resort
                            Old Sukhothai
                            Thailand
                            22-25 November 2011
                            Room 302

There are so many images that I would like to share of this lovely place that I will make a separate thread. Meanwhile, here is the view from my room…

Last edited by Seagull; January 8th, 2012, 11:40. Reason: ...added link to new thread about Tharaburi

Comment

Re: Tharaburi Resort, Sukhothai

Tharaburi Resort looks like the perfect kind of retreat!
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: Tharaburi Resort, Sukhothai

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                Tharaburi Resort looks like the perfect kind of retreat!
                                Indeed it was, and now you can see more in an individual thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X