No announcement yet.

World hotel room views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the room itself – a pleasing ambiance which amply justified choosing something more than the standard room, but without the greater expense of a suite.

Comment

I loved the fruit bowl.

Comment

I should have taken many more photos of the room and bathroom before "cabin-mate's" take over, especially to illustrate the various lighting variations which were such a pleasing aspect and which my photos don't do justice to at all.

Comment

I did however take more photos of the public spaces at various times during the stay, and those will follow. But it is clear that this hotel was sure to appeal to me

I simply lust after that logo...

…...and I get fed too!!!!

…to be continued...

Comment

Who else but Seagull could take such excellent and artistic photographs of a bathroom!!!
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
              Who else but Seagull could take such excellent and artistic photographs of a bathroom!!!
              Even great photographers must be clean.

Comment

The reception and lobby lounge area is spacious, across the whole width of the building.

Comment

A view towards the canal side. Beyond the sofas there is access to the outdoor terrace I showed earlier.

Comment

The seating at the canal side continues beyond the lobby, the green chairs matching those in the adjacent bar which I’ll show you later.

There is an Asian touch to many aspects of the décor.

Comment

Here I'm standing next to those large vases and looking towards the entrance and street side of the lobby. I loved the bench with cushions and magazines.

Comment

The various dining areas and the bar were flexible spaces and with changes of lighting which interestingly changed the ambience and character at different times of the day. Here everything is bright and brisk at breakfast time, with an expensive but excellent buffet (which after twelve days on Fram was the kind of choice that I had become accustomed to!). There was also a continental breakfast and quick business option, which was brought to the table on something resembling those multi-tiered afternoon-tea cake stands.

Another area of the restaurant in lunch mode.

Comment

I had booked our room as a deal which did not include buffet breakfast, as D was preferring the lighter option if we were going to eat our major meal at lunchtime.

Comment

There was an initial difficulty in charging the extra breakfasts to my room bill, due to the renewal date on my credit card having changed, and it was necessary to activate my account at reception. This was rather lucky, for the member of staff who efficiently sorted out the problem was keen to ensure that I was enjoying my stay, and when I expressed interest in the design aspects of the hotel actually gave me a little tour.

It turned out that the bar had been his special thing, for his ideas had been taken into account at the planning stage –both the flexibility of the space for various functions and events, the lighting at different times of day, and the Asian motifs which especially interested him. Moreover I was able, and indeed encouraged to take photographs.

Comment

A view of the bar. The seats by the window are those seen from the lobby earlier, and that space can be open to the bar or divided off as required. Aspects of number influence and underpin the design - the seven Buddha heads, placed as three and four….

…and the chairs also arranged in threes and fours.

Comment

As it happened, my next hotel stay one month later in Norway was also at what may be termed a designer hotel, and the comparison and quite striking differences were to make both experiences all the more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X