Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World hotel room views

Landing platform for the kite flyers:

The beach promenade is getting a makeover. Here is a mostly completed section:

Not only Hollywood and Kristiansund has big letter signs:

Comment

View in the opposite direction (From the lift lobby):

Comment

Who say it is always sunny in Pattaya??:

Clearing up:

Comment

Another Hotel in Pattaya:

I think I have shown this one on CVF before.

The Pakarang view of A-One Hotel:

Comment

Back to a view of the and from the Bathroom.
            The entrance:

The view you have when sitting on the toilet, doing your business:

And the view from the shower:

Top floor and above the other hotels around.

Comment

Am I the only one here to post pictures of hotel rooms and views???
              I just spent some 8 days in Lumut, Perak, Peninsular Malaysia were I stayed in the Orient Star Hotel and had a great view of the traffic to from/Lumut Port.

I did not take any picture of my room though. (It was fairly standard hotel room type)

Starting with a mid-day view with not much happening:

Young girls playing in the pool in their skimpy swimming attire:

(Skimpy by Malay standard)

A Barge passing by with a Jacket on deck:

I don't know where it was going, or anything else about it. This was not the reason for my visit to Lumut.
              (More pictures of this barge in the Towage and Marine Operations thread later)

Most of the pictures taken from the room was of sunsets, which was quite nice. (In the Sunset/rise thread)
              Last edited by ombugge; July 18th, 2013, 13:06.

Comment

I guess no one has such wonderful sights, while just staying over night in a hotel room. So most of my hotel views appear in the travel reports. And the hotel room sight from my business trips are mostly extremely boring, especially compared to yours. But i like them really!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

OK, here is another "exotic" hotel room view.
                  This is the view through the dirty window of my room at the newly refurbished Kingsbury Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka:

Why is the window so dirty???
                  This is the peak of the SW Monsoon season and the hotel is right next to the beach, hence salt water spray is a constant.

The room was fairly much standard and in the new wing:

Comment

I'm the same as Ralf. I really enjoy seeing your pictures of interesting hotel rooms, and can see why you think you're the only one posting in this thread.

I would post too, but I don't think that there's much interest to be gained from the view out of the back of the various Scandic Hotels that I stay in. They're comfortable, well appointed and very pleasant, but one Statoil Petrol station looks much like any other!

Keep posting Ombugge, it's fun to see these, and when we stay somewhere equally interesting we'll post too!
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A better view can be had from the Roof Terrace at 11th floor.

Looking South along the beach:

Same view in the evening sun:

And North towards the new port under development:

The container port is operated by PSA, Singapore.

The old and new part of the hotel:

The Roof Terrace on top of the new wing:

PS> Pictures in the Sunset thread was also taken from the Roof Terrace.
                      Last edited by ombugge; July 19th, 2013, 10:45. Reason: Add PS

Comment

More external views of the Kingsbury Hotel, Colombo:

The new wing, outdoor dining area:

The lobby:

Comment

So very much enjoyed your photos from your latest round of travels Ombugge. Liked the old and new juxtapositions … and smiled to myself at you even getting the occasional port view from your room

Reading some of the recent posts, I felt really guilty about being behind with posting here.
                          But checking back I see that in a way I’m not actually all that far behind…
                          My last posts in the thread were associated with the Nordstjernen trip from Svalbard in September 2012. My travel urge has been curtailed since then, and actually consists of only two trips this year – the Fram voyage London-Hamburg with D (trip report thread making slow progress) and Serenissima-spotting trip (photos already posted in Serenissima’s thread).

In normal circumstances, I’d have posted hotels (and any aircraft views and any new-to-me Starbucks!) before anything else. It’s so “classic CVF” a thing to do, and I must say that for me, any view I have from a hotel room, even if only an adjacent blank wall, would always get photographed and appear here. I also interpret the thread title as including a view of the room as well as from the room, and even if I repeat-stay in a hotel where all the rooms look the same you will still have to put up with another photo! It’s just one of those absolute CVF habits that’s become second nature to me.

Here’s an encouraging check list of the hotels associated with those trips that you still have to look forward to here in this thread! :-
                          Hilton Tower Bridge, London
                          Sofitel Alter Wall, Hamburg
                          Clarion Hotel and Congress, Trondheim
                          Thon Hotel, Tromsø

I have taken such huge number of photos of the Clarion that I shall have to ask pakarang if I should post most of them in the special thread he already started in this section.

Comment

what is nicer than having a breakfast at your balkony at Sunrise.
                            at hotel ''Mercedes benz''

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                              ***** Definitely a 5-star deluxe establishment *****

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                                En suite bathroom? I nominate Thijs to be the next 'Top Gear' presenter.
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X