No announcement yet.

World hotel room views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAOW... Rica Seilet is a beautiful hotel, and what an awesome balcony! Love every square meter of it!

The price is stiff, but in Norway, it's not an usnusual price. Worth it with that kind of view!

Imagine how cool it would have been if we had made it to Haugseund while you were there.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I love the photos and I am glad you upgraded to a room with a spectacular view. I think the room rate is very cheap when you consider how many enjoy it. All of us on CV also enjoyed the view.

I am also glad you have brought some more activity to this part of the forum. With so many CV members traveling it should be very popular. I have recently forgotten to take hotel room view photos. Something I need to start doing again.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
        ....I am also glad you have brought some more activity to this part of the forum. With so many CV members traveling it should be very popular. I have recently forgotten to take hotel room view photos. Something I need to start doing again.
        Thank you Dane, yes it is a really enjoyable thread, and now after a trip away it is becoming a habit of mine to take such photos, and the first thing to post here on CV on return, way before any sorting out of other photos.

I would hope to also see included the view from when people have been staying in cabins and hostels and campsites too, as this is “hotels” in the widest sense of home away from home when travelling. Because I do not drive, I seem to be less staying in such wonderful places as they are often way out in the country and hence impractical on relatively short trips in Norway that is not just staying in one place. I have enjoyed many such places in Sweden in the past when returning to just a single area for a longer period.

Comment

Kelly is taking a nap (jet lag) and I'm quietly surfing and all ready to post picutres of my current view and... I forgot to bring a USB cable. I have the pictures in the camera. I have a computer. I have a high speed connection but no way to get the photos out of my camera and onto the computer. Hopefully I can get sleepy-head up in time to do some shopping before bed time. Hopefully I can pick-up a cheap cable somewhere.

Oh well, It's a wonderfull little ground floor apartment in Amsterdam right on the intersection of two canals. As I type people are riding by the window on their bikes and a tourist canal boat is just heading under the bridge. If only my camera can take videos.

Comment

Ah Dane, such a lovely "it's happening right now" post, and I can't even begin to say how much I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your trip!

Had I not so recently been indulging my "itchy feet" .... - scarcely unpacked in fact -I'd be jumping on the Amsterdam flight to say hello! Or better still, but for a week, you might have deflected our Captain's travel intentions ....

Have a WONDERFUL time in the Netherlands .... and then tell us all about it!
            Hugs to you and "sleepy head"!

Comment

Hotel view from Batam. First the Harris Resort:

A small "kampung" on the roof of the service building:

It actually houses the Spa.

Comment

Another hotel and a very different view:

This is Goodway Hotel, Nagoya, Batam.

This is what it could have been, if I had picked a room towards the court yard:

Actually, we did have a court yard room, only the view was blocked by the Spa
                A sign at the Jacuzzi:

And a sign near the Security check point:
                Last edited by ombugge; December 13th, 2010, 12:28.

Comment

I prefer bing in Batam right now, at this resort, as opposed to Trondheim with it's -21 degrees....

Even if prost... aren't allowed....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oops! I've been back home for several weeks and I have forgotten to post pictures of the view from the apartment in Amsterdam.

Across the canal and a bit to the left is one of my favorite canal boats. Oh, how I would like to see her heading down the canal in summer.

And looking a bit to the right. Did you know it snows in the Netherlands?

Comment

Great two new images Dane... I love that you included the window frames to the image, I've done the same in an upcoming post taken at the Royal Palace in Copenhagen.

It makes the viewer feel like they are actually looking out a window and are with you.

Comment

In Copenhagen, Wake Up Copenhagen... I loved this hotel, yet it was very simple but really fashionable and functional:

The room, room number 652:

Comment

Oooooooh a new hotel in Copenhagen, and it’s so very YOU!
                          Duly noted for future reference….

Comment

Not really a view from a Hotel Room and not in November. but what the heck, a little "artistic liberty" (or OT??) is allowed.

A Hotel Bathroom with a view:

Comment

Grand Papua Hotel, Fak Fak, West Papua, Indonesia

Views from my hotel room window at Grand Papua Hotel, Fak Fak:

Comment

A not so pleasant view:

This was the view with the blinds drawn:

Comment

Working...
                                X