No announcement yet.

World hotel room views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A photo of the front of the hotel. The building is historic by Svalbard standards and the original part dates from 1947, built for the mining company Store Norske Spitsbergen Kulkompani.

Comment

I thought you might like to see a few more photos of the public rooms in the Spitsbergen Hotel.

Reception

Comment

Comment

The main dining room

Comment

Re: World hotel room views

The Rica Hotel Spitsbergen seems to be a really cosy place! At which time you took the picture of the breakfast buffet in London, as you say "early hour"?
            I expect an Airport breakfast to be available at 6 a.m.?
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
              ....I expect an Airport breakfast to be available at 6 a.m.?
              The breakfast in London started at 05:00, but hot options, eggs cooked to order and suchlike was from 06:00
              Last edited by Seagull; October 31st, 2012, 10:43. Reason: ...quoted Ralf's question...

Comment

The Rica Hotel Spitsbergen seems to be a really cozy place. Imagine a snowstorm outside while having a drink in those cozy sofas next to the fireplace.

Comment

I so agree Tommi…but actually it closes for the winter, starting today 1st November, whereas the Radisson hotel remains open.

Comment

Dear Lady C,

Needless to say, wonderful images and superb in every possible way the word can mean.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

of all my travels I can say the best hotel view is definitely from my Moscow Thread. The Baltshug Kempinski Hotel

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Most wonderful views, Kiki. If you are in a city, then they cannot be bettered, can they?
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

When I see these images, I keep thinking about the roof-tops.... those cup-cake-cream-roofs... they had a special name, anyone remember what it was?
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            When I see these images, I keep thinking about the roof-tops.... those cup-cake-cream-roofs... they had a special name, anyone remember what it was?
                            Hi Jan olav, I have just looked at my book from Moscow and it mentions the Hipped Roof Towers. 8 grouped around the central church with a heigh of 47.5m a 10th church was added over the tomb of St Basil.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

My room in the brand new Aifa Hotel in Labuan:

Comment

The easy chair came with a lot of "bling-bling":

But it was actually quite comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X