World hotel room views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World hotel room views

Wonderful additions to this thread, Cecilia. All very attractive rooms. Thank you for posting!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Some people tells me that staying at hotells is quite boring. Because every hotellroom looks the same way.........

Browsing this thread, it strikes me that they are WRONG.

WOW.......how many different hotells there are around the world...... Each and every one of them an unique experiense.

When I travel around, I often look at cheap sleeping-alternatives. The less money I spend on sleeping, the more I am able to see of Norway, and the rest of the world with my low travel-budget.

So here I want to post some examples of low-budget hotells/motells/hostells.

First I go a little OT. Because I have my very own rolling hotellroom

Even with a mailbox

Comment

Back to topic again

Comfort Hotell "Ole Tobias" in Mo i Rana, has a cheap alternative in the summer-season.....

The old "Folkets Hus", about 200 m from the hotell, is rebuilt. And administrated by the Ole Tobias-hotell. You got the key in the reception at the main hotell. And got to walk, ore drive 200 meters to the Folkets Hus. Breakfast-buffet, served at the main hotell, is included in the price. But the little cosy, and brand new rooms at the filial Folkets Hus, has a little kitchen. So if you want to, you are able to prepare your own meals.

When I stayed here, I paid 400 NOK for one night. A sgl room at the main hotell had the price of 990 NOK.

Comment

Sortland Hotell is a very interesting stay. You are able to choose between the main hotell, or to stay at the integral and cheaper hostell at the hotells backyard.

Here is the view from the entrance to the reception

This Hostell at the hotells backyard is NOT Radisson Blu. It is just blue.

But you sleep for half price. And can use the rest of the facilities at thr main hotell

Comment

Sortland Hotell has an interesting historical and cultural history.

There are traces back to several norwegian authors and cultural artists. The Saabyes Bibliotek (Library) is dedicated to the norwegian author Lars Saabye Christensen.

And the "library" is actually an exlusive restaurant.

This thread is named "hotel room views". So here is a view out of the window at the Hamsun Foaje.

The famous norwegian novellist Knut Hamsun stayed here several times. And at his room nr 10 he wrote the novell "Den Sidste Glæde"

The following is written by Knut Hamsun. And I don`t know if I want to translate............

Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; April 19th, 2012, 21:24. Reason: type-correction

Comment

Re: Thon Hotel, Svolvær

Yes #214 what a view !!

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Re: Thon Hotel, Svolvær

Martin, that is a great idea to present "different" hotel rooms. Many uf us will take that as a welcomed advice for a next trip into these areas. Very useful!

Comment

I DO like the own rolling hotellroom Martin! Wonder what’s inside the mailbox!…and you should really have tucked Pingvin up nice and cosy in that duvet before taking the photo!!
                  I think I’ve said before in this thread or elsewhere that I do sometimes feel at a disadvantage not having an Own Rolling Hotellroom especially when I see you and pakarang staying at some appealing cabin in the depths of the countryside. I have stayed at some great cabins and hostels in Sweden though. When I look at a map of Sweden, with a rather simple arrangement of roads it always gives me a feeling of freedom and being able to get anywhere. Whereas Norway’s geography is more complicated, and I have not devoted the time to get to grips with the logistics of just travelling around inland places simply because I am always so drawn to the coast and then onto a ship!!!!! At least I am rather good with “points” and “special offers”!

How very potentially useful though to see these hotel annexes that are actually in conveniently reachable locations. I’ve made a note! Keep them coming!

And I know I can always count on you Martin for knowing about interesting literary and artistic connections.

Of course there are times when “the hotel is the destination” when I don’t mind spending the money that I’ve saved on something special …I could even envisage treating myself to a literary pilgrimage with the special feeling of spending a night in Hamsun’s room 10 following dinner in the exclusive restaurant!

Comment

I seldom take hotel-room pictures, but this place was a bit extra-ordinary indeed:

The door to the left goes to a hall, the door at the right is the bathroom.

This room is one of three located in the castle of Rockelstad:

It's one of the windows on the first floor.

And the view is something like this.

Comment

Wow. Did you stay there over night, or was it just visit during the day?

Comment

Wonderful Tommi!….I had to look up where exactly this was….ah, Södermanland. I hadn’t heard of it before, though I have stayed at Yxtaholms Slott and Dufweholms Herrgård.

Comment

I was there for a small conferance a couple of years ago. They have different accommendations, and also more "normal" rooms in the other buildings. Since our company was the only guests that night the owners of the castle just gave us some different rooms and I was lucky to get this particular one. Breakfast and dinner was served in the pavillion next to the castle.
                          Seagull, the castle is located south of Sparreholm.

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
                            Some people tells me that staying at hotells is quite boring. Because every hotellroom looks the same way.........

Browsing this thread, it strikes me that they are WRONG.

WOW.......how many different hotells there are around the world...... Each and every one of them an unique experiense.

When I travel around, I often look at cheap sleeping-alternatives. The less money I spend on sleeping, the more I am able to see of Norway, and the rest of the world with my low travel-budget.

So here I want to post some examples of low-budget hotells/motells/hostells.

First I go a little OT. Because I have my very own rolling hotellroom

Even with a mailbox
                            Nice travel home Hmartin.It remains me my young years...even if my old 4L Renault was'nt so confortable.

Comment

Re: Scandic Hotel, Ålesund

Great hotel room views, Lady C...

I think Sterkoder might even enjoy that bed, almost on the dock, watching the ships....
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: Scandic Hotel, Ålesund

Oh, how did I miss this thread for so long. It makes me think I need to plan another trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X