X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World hotel room views

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen.
    Room 561

Perhaps I should start the hotel room views from my recent travels with the one that had the least view! –but was an unusual design being up the in roof, and cosy, and wireless internet access too! – time in the evening to catch up with everything else that had been going on in CVF besides the Korsfjord thread that had dominated both my attention and hotel room choices the previous few days!

Radisson Blu Hotel, Haugesund.
    Room 416

The hotel is situated a short bus ride from the town centre, and is within easy walking distance of the Karmsund Bridge (my reason for choosing it, as I had hoped to photograph the ferry Korsfjord on her maiden voyage from that location).

Naturally I requested a room that did NOT face the car park, but was situated at this side of the building!

Comment

The views from my balcony:

Looking towards the Karmsund bridge.

Comment

Rica Seilet Hotel, Molde.
        Room 1005

The Rica Seilet Hotel in Molde scarcely needs any introduction, familiar as it is to those of you who have travelled on a hurtigrute –and maybe tried to capture on camera that magic moment when your ship is reflected in the windows of the building.

Comment

If ever a little luxury splurge was justified to ensure a room with a view, this it it!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow!! Rica Seilet Hotel is indeed a place to be!! Thank you for let us being guest in your room. Was it very expensive??
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

1595 NOK “deluxe” room rate including breakfast.
                          There are “standard” rooms and “superior” rooms cheaper, but you can see what I was after for this special occasion! Had Korsfjord arrived in daylight, my intention was to photograph her from the balcony, much as you see the other ferries on these photos, and then scamper off to the quayside – well actually with Sterkoder making it to Molde, we could have positioned ourselves to cover both locations simultaneously.

The room had wireless internet at no extra charge, essential for following Korsfjord’s progress on AIS.
                          Did I mention the HUGE buffet breakfast?!
                          (Oh, and you get SAS Eurobonus points when staying at Rica hotels now . . . every little helps!)
                          I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.

Comment

For Norwegian circumstances this is not way to expensive, I think. And i believe it was worth each NOK!
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                              ....And i believe it was worth each NOK!
                              Absolutely!
                              Worth noting if you visit Molde is that there is a Skybar on the 15th floor, which has a similar balcony. This bar was only open in the evenings when I was there, though I think it would have been open at lunchtime at weekends. Here is a photo from back in January 2004 (the balcony is off the picture).

Comment

Working...
                              X