Hotel Room View July/August 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Room View July/August 2010

View from Comfort Hotel Holberg in Bergen room #435.
    The hotel is situated at Nordnes in Strandgaten 190, and on this first image, we see towards south-east at the 27th July around noon

Here we see the "view" towards north-west

In Sandnes, at Quality Residence in room #450, I did not take pictures of the view. That's due to looking straight into a AMFI Shoppingcenter parking house

Didn't take pictures from the room window at Comfort Hotel Skagerak in Kristiansand either. The hotel was really top notch and refurbished as of this spring..., but in room #263 we could not open the window in a way so that I could get a camera out, and straight out the window, across the street, we were looking straight into the windows of an office block

At Quality Hotel Hafjell we stayed in room #318. The room was situated with the main road E-6 just beneath, and if you opened the window at night, the passing trucks could be a bit loud.
    Other than that, this was the view towards south at around 10:30 AM 2nd August

View towards west, with the Olympic Games Lillehammer 1994 logo cut in the woods at the hillside on the other side of the river
    It's ment to show a running man with a torch, running from left to right..., if it makes it easier to see for you)

Then we came to Røros and got settled in room #267.
    This is the view towards west, and we see the airport with tower at around 10:00 AM the 3rd August

And as you might remember from the Røros thread, the opposite view is this..., just for fun...
    Last edited by Sterkoder; August 4th, 2010, 20:21.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Why does everything seem more beautiful in Norway (except for the inflatable pink & yellow man)?

I see the running man and his torch in the mountain.

Comment

Why does everything seem more beautiful in Norway
      It's only positive that people belive that. And that is what I experienced also on this long road trip of a vacation around the hole southern Norway.
      When we came to the Kristiansand Zoo and the world of Capt. Sabeltann, there were three parking lots filled up.
      We had to park at Sørlandshallen across the main road E-18 and I started thinking; ok, this amount of cars parked will mean an overfilled park, waiting when going to the cafés, waiting when going to the toilets, waiting to get wherever we want to go, looking over shoulders if we wnated to see attractions....
      But you know, and this is a positive info to all others who want to spend time there:
      The area is so huge that all the people sort of disappeared. We could order food when we wanted, AND get it straight away. Whenever we wanted a toilet, there was one free for use just at that time. And standing around looking at things, well...., I spotted no shoulders in front of me
      And above all, and most important: the area was clean and tidy, and the toilets were washed and cleaned frequently.
      As I'm sure 'HurtigruteMartin' will agree on, and might be happy to hear:
      Our stay in the park was nothing else than just positive and will be great memories to look back on when the dark winter sets in....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        ....As I'm sure 'HurtigruteMartin' will agree on, and might be happy to hear:
        Our stay in the park was nothing else than just positive and will be great memories to look back on when the dark winter sets in....
        Although I haven’t been to Kristiansand Zoo and the world of Capt. Sabeltann, I would like add that I have over many years had only these kind of good positive impressions, and so many great memories, of visits to similar attractions throughout the Nordic countries. There is somehow an ability in your part of the world to do these things well, with attention to detail and a good atmosphere, and the same applies to events, whether major ones like the Tall Ships or just small summer entertainments or Christmas fairs in the towns.

In contrast I don’t really enjoy many of the things back home, not even the New Year events in town. Much of the publicity, organisation and security can seem patronising and heavy-handed, and one can feel an underlying assumption that folk are going to behave badly. And so many do, and that puts off the others from attending in future, and so the kind of thing where all sorts of types and ages of people can have an enjoyable time together becomes rarer.

Comment

Scandic Solsiden Hotel
          Beddingen 1, Trondheim.
          Room 610

A very convenient hotel for all the cafes and restaurants and summer activity around the transformed old docks at Solsiden.
          My room view in the other direction shows a neighbourhood from which I shall have more photos to show you in the Trondheim thread . . . in due course .

Comment

My other two hotel stays on this trip were in Radisson Blu hotels, formerly SAS hotels. With the Ålesund room overlooking the Hurtigruten quay and the Kristiansand room overlooking the harbour and Colorline terminal, you can tell I carefully chose these rooms for their views – although I have picked photos from quiet times, without ships for this thread. It has to be said that they are both the more expensive business class rooms. But I have over the years cleverly ended up with creditcards that give points on frequent flyer and hotel schemes, and it is nice to be able to occasionally treat myself to views like these as a result. The same in Bodø last year when I enjoyed a view directly towards the HSC quay. (Of course these are generally not the cards that offer low interest rates, but as I am firmly a “save up, then spend” type of person who pays off cards completely each month, that consideration doesn’t come into it.)

Radisson Blu Hotel
            Sorenskriver Bullsgt. 7, Ålesund
            Room 328

Radisson Blu Caledonien Hotel
            Vestre Strandgate 7, Kristiansand.
            Room 1402

Comment

The "sitting room" part of Room 328 at the Radisson in Ålesund:-

Comment

I'm really feeling like I've been on vacation with Big S and Seagull--something I can really use right now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                  (except for the inflatable pink & yellow man)?
                  ... and why don't you think the pink/yellow man is not nice....?

Me, just teasing...
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    ... and why don't you think the pink/yellow man is not nice....?

Me, just teasing...
                    They started the damn thing before breakfast, so that flashing arms was a great sound to wake up to...NOT!

As in Kristiansand, and if anyone from Comfort Skagerak reads this, please tell Kristiansand Kommune, when people from the municipal cleaning department started their dustblowers and vacuum trucks in the street below the windows of a hotel (filled with tourists) at 04:15 in the morning!!!
                    It's understandable that they want a clean city when people wake up on a Sunday morning, but 04:15 in the morning??? Are they crazy or something!!!??!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post

As in Kristiansand, and if anyone from Comfort Skagerak reads this, please tell Kristiansand Kommune, when people from the municipal cleaning department started their dustblowers and vacuum trucks in the street below the windows of a hotel (filled with tourists) at 04:15 in the morning!!!
                      It's understandable that they want a clean city when people wake up on a Sunday morning, but 04:15 in the morning??? Are they crazy or something!!!??!
                      After only one weekend stay in Kristiansand, you have already learned the main issue, Sterkoder:

People from Kristiansand ARE crazy

The dilemma is: Are we going to keep a man from Kristiansund awake all night long, or are we going to present a clean city to the morning-birds. What are mister Hansen or missis Taylor going to say if they are taking their early sunday morning-promenade walking in all that saturday night MESS.?

The main problem was that your hotell is located in the middle of all night-clubs/bars and all night-open fast-food stores. And very close to the main taxi-station.

And I can assure you, Sterkoder. That this part of the city lookes like a waste-dump at 4 o`clock every sunday morning.

3 hours later the summer-sun shines over a clean and beautiful city. Ready to serve all our tourists, and the "crazy" citizens of Kristiansand.

Next time you stay in Kristiansand, Sterkoder, you choose another hotel, or you can have a maritim, calm sleep in my boat

Comment

And I can assure you, Sterkoder. That this part of the city lookes like a waste-dump at 4 o`clock every sunday morning.
                        I know. Just like in this city.
                        You know, I just had to write it out of my body...., so everything is cool at this point

Sleeping in your boat, listening to the "klukk-klukk" of the water through the hull is so tempting

Funny thing, have to tell you:
                        Slept on the seaside of a hotel in Bodø once...., right beside the huge aircondition. Never a room at the seaside if I were to use that hotel again, I thought.
                        Then, after a few years, I had to go to Bodø again. Used the same hotel, but asked for a room on the other side.
                        Then, at 1:30 or so at night all h*** broke loose. I just got a room across the street from the then Nordlandsposten printing facility....
                        Had a fantastic stay in Bodø though, as I've always have done every time I've been there.

Oops, here I go OT again

Comment

One of Norway`s most spectacular hotel, is HOTELL DALEN in Telemark

My next image is not exactly the view from a room. But when you get in to the lobby, you got to take a look up at the ceiling.

The lobby ceiling is as spectacular as the rest of this hotel......

True art

Comment

Now that is a beautiful ceiling: is that a glass ceiling?
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                            X