Thai dining in Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thai dining in Edinburgh

I’d mentioned this Edinburgh restaurant, Leven’s (it’s situated on Leven Street), in another thread – actually when commenting on my “skyscape” photos, after having taken the sky against a glass chandelier from inside this modern and stylish restaurant.
    It serves Thai fusion cuisine! Their food is an amazing quirky imaginative blend of Thai with western influences, beautifully presented, and at times verging on “fine-dining” though at an affordable price. Special deals for lunchtime and pre-theatre hours.

Appropriately after having mentioned both prawns and umberellas in the skyscape thread, let me show you my absolutely favourite starter from Leven’s a la carte menu – Umberella Prawn!

The perfectly prepared and succulent prawn hides discretely beneath an unbelievably light thin crisp umbrella.

…and there’s a contrasting kind of crispness in the accompaniment that always makes me smile with allusions to the breakfast cereal “shredded wheat” and very British cress garnish along with those Thai sprigs of chives! All goes splendidly with the blobs of chilli sauce.

Comment

Salmon, green curry sauce.

Comment

Comment

If you are going out with people who don’t like Thai food (what am I doing even knowing such people!) you can still take them here, and they can even have something with chips!…and yes I had a test chip or two and they were totally yummy, crispy on the outside, delicately seasoned. Brilliant!

Comment

Re: Thai dining in Edinburgh

Ahhhh..... yummy!

Now, that is MY KIND of food!

Where can I "Like" this post?
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              Where can I "Like" this post?
              You just did! I’m so pleased you liked my photos!….

(But you have a point… I couldn’t seem to track down a web site for them when I was searching for a menu to show you…but you CAN “Like” them on FB! ( I just did!).)

Comment

Leven’s, 30-32 Leven Street

Back at Leven’s -Thai fusion cuisine. This time the good value lunch menu.
                And this time the photos are taken with the camera in my new iPad!

Chicken inside!

Comment

Vegetable Spring Roll

Comment

Sliced crispy chicken with a massaman style sauce. I was very enthusiastic about the carrots – not too hard, just perfect and delicious the way they had absorbed the flavours.

Cappuccino!
                    Last edited by Seagull; May 5th, 2012, 12:32.

Comment

Dusit Thai Restaurant, 49a Thistle Street

Two course lunch menu.

Comment

Re: Dusit Thai Restaurant, 49a Thistle Street

Looks like a nice place to have some food... love the ambiance of the place.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                        X