X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Anybody notice something strange????
    The brand Norwegian Salmon is totally absent...

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Smoked Salmon

Here is a couple of picture of the Smoked Salmon on display at one of the main Coldstorage supermarkets in Singapore:

Anybody notice something strange????

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Now WHY HASN'T the Admiral/Captain installed that "smells" module yet? It's been on his "to-do" list for AGES, hasn't it??????

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    This 'Skolæst' explanation is absolutely fascinating as my father had a shoe repair shop and as a child I loved to watch the men in the workshop. The word used for these things on which the shoe was mounted for working on, was actually last ! And the adjustable lasts in the workshop, being of shiny metal, looked more like that fish head!

Now if we had a smells feature I would be getting the, for me, childhood-nostalgia smell of leather, as well as the the aroma of Martin’s delicious looking meal!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I belive the english 'Rattail' is the most suitable name for this creature.

Now, a little language education, if you don't mind:

The norwegian name 'Skolæst' comes from a very important tool of a shoemaker.
    Sko = shoe
    Læst = shoe template
    And my belife is that the name of the fish comes from its head/front section looks very much like a toe section of a shoe template.
    A random picture of a template used to form the toe section of a handmade shoe:

A more common 'skolæst' from a shoemaker shop:
    (Don't look much like a fish, I know, but it's the head of the fish and toe section of a shoe template that is similar)

Shoe template used for high heeled womens shoes:

Well, now that I've turned this fishfood thread into a shoe tamplate one..., I just as quick will give the thread back to you again

EDIT: Isn't it great, this CV forum? A member eats fish in a restaurant at Bud, and suddenly you know all there is to know about shoe templates.... (hahaha)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 20th, 2010, 09:32.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Roundnose Grenadier or Rattail in English!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Like the one eating octopus or calamaris, I'm not quite sure if you want to know what it looks like, but anyway....., since you asked:

And Skolæst is not only a local name on the creature, it's the name itself on this fish

Leave a comment:

Working...
X