Which is your favorite cake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic Which is your favorite cake?

Oh, cakes, who doesn't like cakes?

I love cakes.... and my step-grandmother (and late mother) is/was a master at so many various cakes. My favorite cake for a long time has been the "romkake" (rum cake).... served as this one sample below.

The rum cake below was made by my mother and brought on board the Crystal Symphony when the ship came to Trondheim back in 2004 or 2003. We had a wonderful cake party on the bridge sailing out the Trondheims Fjord!

Yummy!

• pakarang
    replied
    Never been a fan of cheese cakes, but this one does indeed look quite delicious...

Wouldn't be the last one to let my teeth sink into that one....

Keep the cakes coming Ladies and Gentlemen.... I'm going to make a cake tonight, I might (just might) show you the result of my (very limited) skills later on...

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    replied
    This is the cake!

I found another! This one is a winner! Cheese cake with cherries and cherry sauce from ****ens, Kong Olav V's plass, Bergen, adjacent to Torgallmenningen, nearest neighbour to Blåsteinen and Wesselstuen. Recommended!
    ---
    Regards, photo and copyright: Sigve.

[IMG]http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/Sigve2010/Sigves%20pix%201/****ens.jpg[/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Oh Sigve... thanks for the tip: that looks really delicious!

Got to try that one the next time I go to Copenhagen!

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    replied
    Danish delicacies

Since danish delicacies are brought up, I have to mention the jordbærterte med vaniljekrem - strawberry cake with vanilla cream - on Cafe Norden in Copenhagen, famous all over Scandinavia. Every time I visit Copenhagen, I have to check out if this wonderful delicacy is still "alive and kicking" - and so far - it is!
    ---
    Regards; Sigve.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Originally posted by ehp View Post
    Those "thingies" we had in Copenhagen last year were to DIE for, weren't they, Seagull???
    They certainly were! Konditori La Glace is an absolute must-do on any visit to Copenhagen – having received that ultimate CVF accolade “As recommended by Lady C and Lady E

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Danish pastries here can be . . . errrr usually are . . . rather solid and stodgy. I will never forget the first real Danish pastry I had in, I was about to say Denmark, but it was actually across the Øresund in Skåne.
    So light and fresh and totally melt-in-the mouth . . . nothing short of a revelation!
    Those "thingies" we had in Copenhagen last year were to DIE for, weren't they, Seagull???

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
    ....I know its not a cake but my other favourite is a DANISH PASTRY....
    Danish pastries here can be . . . errrr usually are . . . rather solid and stodgy. I will never forget the first real Danish pastry I had in, I was about to say Denmark, but it was actually across the Øresund in Skåne.
    So light and fresh and totally melt-in-the mouth . . . nothing short of a revelation!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
    I think it's made of two coloured sponge's, jam and wrapped in marzipan.
    Too much of it can be sickly.... er' um' I did once have too much and it was sickly.
    That sounds absolutely delicious!

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
    Hi pakarang, Was that your birthday cake from last year !!!!!!!!!!!
    Not last year, but that world's best marzipan cake was as much as 5 years ago!

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied
    cakes

Hi pakarang, Was that your birthday cake from last year !!!!!!!!!!! my favourite cake is CARROT CAKE , i hate marzipan, I know its not a cake but my other favourite is a DANISH PASTRY.. gosh this is making me feel hungry, and not a cake in sight !!!!!!! kiki42

Leave a comment:

• SaintsFCFan
    replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Oh... yesss.... both me and Sterkoder loves the "romkake" (rumcake)....

Battenburg cake of SaintsFCFan looks great too!.... wonder what's it made of?
    I think it's made of two coloured sponge's, jam and wrapped in marzipan.
    Too much of it can be sickly.... er' um' I did once have too much and it was sickly.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    my favorite cake is nut cake with eggnog

greetings Doris

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Oh... yesss.... both me and Sterkoder loves the "romkake" (rumcake)....

Battenburg cake of SaintsFCFan looks great too!.... wonder what's it made of?

Here is the rum-cake my mother brought to us navigators in 2003 when the ship came to Trondheim (fresh from the x-ray machine at the gangway to look for brake-out equipment..... ):

And the absolutely BEST marzipan cake I have EVER EVER tasted, from the chef's of the Crystal Symphony!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Is "tårnkake" and "kransekake" the same?
    Yes, of course! Sorry, for not mentioning that.
    In Kristiansund I belive we've always called it tårnkake, except for the bakers themselves, who called it kransekake

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Is "tårnkake" and "kransekake" the same?

Oh, I love a good marzipan cake also... the best one I have ever eaten was on my birthday on Crystal Symphony... let me see if I have a picture of it.

It had bananas, cream, strawberries and raspberries, with a generous cover of marzipan... WAOW.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X