X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for RAF Waddington Airshow?

I have been lucky to aquire 2 tickets to the RAF Waddington international Airshow for the Sun 5th July. I will most certainly be taking my camcorder and camera for that one. Hopefully to get some nice shots of the air display & static aircraft.
    The Vulcan will be there on both days, as well as a whole host of other goodies too.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Sounds like lots of fun!

You know what to do both under the show and when you get back...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Lucky you!!
      Having seen the great report from Paris here, you know what your job will be....?????
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Absolutely! I just hope my camera work on fast moving fighter jets works out ok.
        Hope to get as many shots as I can, and that he sun light isn't too fierce.

Comment

I sat with my face into the sun for 4,5 hours in Paris, without a caps and without using sunblock creem. NOT adviceable!!!!
          I've been changing skin in my forhead for 5 days
          (But maybe I should be glad...., getting a completely new face at the age of 46....).

When it comes to taking pictures of fighters, don't focus to the maximum of your camera capacity.
          Focus some, but do the rest by croping your pictures afterwards, in a photoprogramme.
          Then you get the zoom you want without loosing quality.

but surely, you knew that

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            I sat with my face into the sun for 4,5 hours in Paris, without a caps and without using sunblock creem. NOT adviceable!!!!
            I've been changing skin in my forhead for 5 days
            (But maybe I should be glad...., getting a completely new face at the age of 46....)
            Remember, some places charge large sums of money for a skin peel...
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you Sterkoder, that is extremely valuable to a camera novice like myself. As for sun and it's power, my trip to Berlin a few years ago was a farce. I ended up with sun-stroke, severely de-hydrated, and can't remember much about it. I will never take the suns powerful rays in such a manner again.

Comment

Well....., 5th July has turned into the evening here in Norway, and someone wait patiently for a certain report....

Comment

Okay, here is the first of RAF Waddington 2009 photos. I will try and get more processed today.

Lockheed Tri-Star

McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom

Polish Display Team, flying PLZ-130's

RAF Falcons Parachute Display team

Antonov AN-2, On flight line

General Dynamics F-16, and it's Norwegian pilot

Comment

Oh boy!!!!! Can't wait until the next set of pictures appears...!
                    Great pictures, and that Tri-Star is now my new background picture whether you like it or not.
                    I like nice old three-holers alot, and the one looking better than that, must be the old version of McDonnell Douglas DC-10...

Thank you so far!!

Comment

Here's the Anotonov AN-2 parked.

Here is the pride of our Shire, the Avro Lancaster (City Of Lincoln).

Another view of the Tri-Star, some fast clicking to get her before she went.

One of my old favourites, the Hawker Hunter.

Super King Air

More to follow, and some video later when it's processed.

Comment

General Dynamics F-16, and it's Norwegian pilot
                        This F-16 comes from the RNoAF 331 sqn. at Bodø Main Air Station up north.
                        (Don't know the pilot though..., but interesting to notice he uses a 331-patch that's outdated).

The Lockheed Tri-Star there is one of nine air-to-air tankers operated by Royal Air Force from RAF Brize Norton.
                        6 of the planes are ex. British Airways while 3 are ex. Pan Am.
                        (Can't tell which "ex." airline the one you photographed belonged to though....).

The Super King Air there is a Beech King Air B200 from RAF 45(R) Sqn. at cranwell.
                        The King Air B200 is used in RAF to do the initial training of coming multi-engine crews. They get 30 hours in the B200 before
                        moving further up the training ladder.
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; July 6th, 2009, 20:53.

Comment

Good info there Sterkoder. Now for a little of what I saw, you'll have to forgive me for the quality. YouTube is abysmal in uploaded quality.

Avro Lancaster (City Of Lincoln), doing it's thing.

Comment

Here is the Supermarine Spitfire, a two seater variant. Sorry for the shaking hands, it's not easy to hold the camcorder steady with athritic joints.

Part 1

Part 2

Comment

Here is the Tri-Star along with Nimrod.

Lockheed Tri-Star & Nimrod R1

Comment

Working...
                              X