No announcement yet.

Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You HAVE to show me that place some day, Sterkoder!

I want to see that place too!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh, but I will...., a day it suits us both :-) It will be my pleasure you know....

A short comment: the pictures would've been a bit more of the "action" type, had there been aircraft around.
      But you know, your camera has to be tuned to perfection for the first airliner, because once that has departed..., it's several hours before the next.

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

....and for you my friend, and others who might not want to wait for a guided tour...., I've made a map for your convenience :-)

NOTE: RV70 is a road name, Riksvei 70, and so can be found on your roadmaps for easier orientation :-)

Comment

Thanks! Saved for future reference!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Rainy day in Kristiansund today, at the arrival of the Dash from Bergen at noon anyway :-)

Comment

A Russian oligark who's been on a holiday on board luxuary yacht ELDEN in Kristiansund area for a few weeks now, is belived to end his holiday and head home today (or at least I personally belive that's why two businessjets registered at Isle of Man visited Kvernberget).

Gulfstream Aerospace G550 Gulfstream reg. M-UGIC

The s***est machine I've ever seen at Kvernberget airport, Bombardier BD-100-1A10 Challenger 300 reg. M-CLAB

To get the two together in one frame, I had to climb into the bush, so to speak. I wanted the two people there to move a bit..., but hey..., when working in airport security, no one tell'em anything! :-(
              Anyway, here's the picture WITH the two 'linselus' (as we call'em in Norwegian)

Comment

• Seagull
                Seagull commented
                Editing a comment
                Exciting planes and excellent photos which I felt also showed the airport runways in the context of the rural surroundings ...AND nice weather

• Tommi
                Tommi commented
                Editing a comment
                Impressive planes, nice to see.

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Cecilia!
                Yes, the airport surroundings are rather rural when viewed from the north side toward south, but I know many cities in the country, and the world, which would like very much to have their airport placed like the one in Kristiansund.
                By taxi or bus, the city center is only 7 kilometers away, so literally...., we have the airport in the middle of town :-)
                Other than that I'm rather pleased with the pictures myself, but belive the light was a bit too sharp. Then again, the sharp sunny light suits M-CLAB very, VERY well :-)

The morning flight from Kristiansund to Oslo at 06:35 AM Friday had to perform an aborted take-off run as a loud bang and sparks came from the port engine.
              The SAS Boeing 737 were still here today and work was being done on the engine. What's more, a big Scania semi-truck from a company in Skedsmo was here today, and why drive a truck from Skedsmo to Kristiansund if it didn't contain a new engine? Then again, I don't know...

-"Hey...., how'bout we go and take a beer...?"

SAS alone on a deserted airport. Well, it's not entirely true, as we have Widerøe, and of course it's the angle of photography
              Last edited by Sterkoder; November 20th, 2014, 08:24.

Comment

It all ended up in a change of engine (Photo: Frode Munkhaug via Tidens Krav)

Comment

We often pass various aero-engines on lorries toddling up and down the motorway. They come off the planes at Heathrow and then go to the maintenance facility at Cardiff. It just feels wrong to see over £10M of machinery with a bit of tarpaulin on it cruising up the road at 90km/h and 18", instead of 450knots and 37,000ft!

Mind you we also have some very big planes - the BA 747-400 fleet in particular - coming over us relatively low on the same journey to Cardiff, whilst the long haul transatlantic flights soar above them in the climb out of London, or at cruising altitude from Europe.
                  Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Widerøes flight WF577 made ready for a flight to Bergen Thursday evening

Comment

• Tommi
                      Tommi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Svein, have you also noticed that you're getting better and better doing those night time shots? :-)

• Sterkoder
                      Sterkoder commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. It all goes better when one remember to switch to the correct white balance ;-) That said, I try to do as tought by Mike Browne, but I'm more often far from spot on than on the spot..., so to say :-D

After work, I took my Pentax and walked up to the top of Kvernberget (206 meters).
                    I was half an hour late to get ok light, so I'm not exactly proud of my handheld panning of a departing Dash8-400 from Widerøe, taking off towards Bergen just after 4 PM.

I like the combination of Widerøe and sunset light

Comment

Nice series. I especially like the first one. Judging by the light streaks you panned steady for a good, long time.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, thanks :-)
                        Even though quality, (technically), sucks...., I find it ok in a strange way and even I was struck by the fact that the Dash-8 turned out fairly viewable and within my limits for the evening ;-)

• Tommi
                        Tommi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you give this motif 10 more tries during the next two years, you'll probably
                        1. improve so much that the pictures will look great and
                        2. you will have a clear picture of how you should update your gear to get even better shots.

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't see any reason to turn my back on the Pentax, and to improve #131/1 it's easily done by shooting in manual with low ISO, meaning a tripod. And I had a tripod that evening...., down in the trunk of my car.
                        Remember all images in #131 is "point-and-shoot", so I didn't expect more from myself that evening ;-)

Widerøe from Bergen arrives Kristiansund today.

Landing on RW07

Parked at Stand 4

And taking off for Bergen again

Kvernberget VOR 113,8 MHz on top of Kvernberget hill

View of the city through the VOR struts
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; May 27th, 2015, 07:04.

Comment

So here's what the city authority did for us planespotters near the east end of the runway (actually there are five of these along the new walkway around this part of the airport, so they are not made specially for us aviation nerds, but anyway....)

Great view and during my walk yesterday, Scandinavian flight SK2306 was ready for departure to Gardermoen

Pilot send his (her?) greetings to the photographer

Photographer waves back and everyone is happy :-)

Clearance for take-off has been received, take-off power is set and off they go...

Closing in on around 140 knots Vr speed (rotate speed). This is the indicated airspeed at which they raise their nosewheel. Lift becomes greater through increased angle of attack, and the bird cuts the surly bonds of Earth...

Comment

Great plane spots!

I have been thinking of going to Værnes some day but things keep "popping" up always...

Comment

Working...
                          X