No announcement yet.

Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly at the airport, but spot on right over it...., SAS SK935 from Copenhagen to San Francisco passed with an Airbus A340-313X reg. OY-KBA at 31.975 feet with a speed of 484 knots.
    As I took the picture from straight under it, they have flown 1 hor and 25 minutes. They have a long 9 hours and 45 minutes left (at 14:00 local Norwegian time).

This is the view when I sat in my living room enjoying a cup of coffee

So I grabbed my camera and used the terrace fence as support

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Today I saw a distant contrail, before it disappeared in the low clouds over the city.
      It was OY-KBA again...., on its way from Copenhagen to San Francisco, as it was 2 days ago...., in the images above.

As we had clouds and rainshowers here today. I drove to the airport to see what created the unusual (for Kvernberget) sound, twice in a row, landing whil I was still in my bed.
      As my ears told me, there was no Dash-8s from Widerøes, but two Beechcraft B200 King Airs from Bergen Air Transport, often used in charter for oil companies during holidays like this.

LN-TWL

And here you see how perspective change when kneeling down. Makes an image more interesting, if I might put it that way...

I came home with one b/w today too

Together with LN-TWL, Bergen Air Transport also used their B200 King Air LN-BAA today

Comment

Our local Piper Archer II reg. LN-NPO performed night flying this Monday afternoon.
        We have left-hand patterns at Kvernberget, but when a helicopter got cleared to take off with a left turn, the Piper is sent on a right-hand pattern towards right downwind RW07.

Comment

I am trying to remember if I have ever done a right hand pattern??? They exist but I don't know if I've ever done one. Everything seems to turn left; airport traffic patterns, race tracks, skating rinks... I wonder how that all got started?

Comment

I have no clue as to where and when the left trend started, but we have airports near Kristiansund that has right-hand patterns as standard: Molde when departing 07 (east) and Trondheim when departing 27 (west). Interesting question though, maybe someone find out and could tell :-) Other than that, I don't know why the Piper was sent on a right-hand pattern, because there were no conflict with the departing helio. He could've asked for it though, as a variation and right-hand pattern training (as the world appear a tiny fraction different when landing from right base in the left seat).

Comment

Saw SK953 from Copenhagen to San Francisco over my head again today. This time the SAS Airbus A-340 had the Norwegian register LN-RKG

At the same time, at a lower altitude with unknown destination..., Mr. Eagle

And then came a smaller plane from SAS, a Boeing 737 from Oslo, here over the mountain Meekknoken on Averøy, just before joining final to runway 07

On final to rw07 Kvernberget

1.100 meters from my terrace

300 meters from the runway

Comment

#111/1 and /3 appeal to me a LOT ...and Mr Eagle too!

Comment

And..., there's even a seagull in the last picture :-)

Comment

Arrived from Bergen with WF572 to Kristiansund today, and at the stand to the left of us, an old Antonov An-12 was parked. I asked a security-guy if I could walk out of line to take these pictures, which as you can see was ok for him. Not until I edited my images, I notoced the 1. officer of the WF DHC-8 waved goodbye :-) Guess I'll say thanks for the ride back to him then..., thanks!

Comment

WAOW... that Antonov image is superb, I mean the aircraft is awesome looking.

I can also see the bend of the wings... or shall I say the downward slant of the wings (?)... I presume they will lift once the aircraft is airborn (?)
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The Antonov is an impressive aircraft when viewed up close. The slight downward slant will not raise due to increased lift. For some reason, aerodynamically I guess, it is designed like that. The rest of the wing is as stiff and straight as that of a Hercules.

Now, this evening 1. May 2014 I drove to a place I've never been with my Pentax (or any other camera for that matter) before.
                        Since they filled 2,5 million cubicmeters of stones and lengthened the runway eastward, there came new possibilities to walk in the terrain around the airport on the east side.

The spottermobile is rather small against that stone filling

Looking west from that new spotterplace. Kvernberget hill in the background :-)

All buildings at the airport. These will be demolished and new larger facilities will be built 100 meters to the north (due to safety regulations). The red "barn" with open doors is the local aeroclubs hangar.

Nice looking sunset

New landinglights in the eastern part

I placed myself on the highest heap and it all looked like this. Kvernberget ATC tower cabin to the left (they could not build it higher due to the same safety regulations that make them move the terminal and other buildings further north), then the top part of the drilltower of drilling vessel WEST NAVIGATOR moored at Vestbase and top of mountain Bremsneshatten

Comment

Low approach inbound runway 25, yeeehaaaaa!!! Well, I'm used to the view when approach to land from about 100 feet higher :-)

I was too late for the position I wanted, so this is the best I could do with Widerøes flight WF577 soon to take off for Bergen

Turning around at rw25, seconds away from full throttle...

Many nice motifs around here

At the horizon we see Grip lighthouse

And FEED BALSFJORD sailing north in the ship lane outside Kristiansund

Comment

Part of the ILS landing system at Kvernberget airport

And finally..., a beam of sunlight struck the north wall of the mountain at island Tustna north-east of Kristiansund

Ok..., hope you enjoyed yet another walk with me. Tried to make it as chronological and informative as possible :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              Ok..., hope you enjoyed yet another walk with me. Tried to make it as chronological and informative as possible :-)
                              I very much enjoyed the walk, and seeing all the changes in this fascinating terrain around the airport as it develops. The “man” and “nature” combination makes for some compelling photo motifs.

Comment

There's a nice mood in those pictures. Great that you also provided some pictures of the surroundings, it's really interesting to see how the airfield kind of is located in the nature.

Comment

Working...
                                X