Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Beautiful mountains at island Tustna east of Kristiansund in the background.
    (Fly straight ahead in that direction (slightly more east, to the right in the picture) for an hour in a Piper Cherokee, and you'll end up in Trondheim. Just to explain the geography if anyone ever wonder)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 29th, 2013, 07:16.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Earlier yesterday, another Dash-8 from Widerøe landed from west. The short approach is directly ower where I work

And from that same position I could watch a RNoAF Lockheed Hercules land.
      I thought they trained on shooting approaches, but they most likely came with equipment for the Exercise Gemini, as the police commandoes use three or four specially desigend Chervrolets

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Earlier yesterday, another Dash-8 from Widerøe landed from west. The short approach is directly ower where I work
        Fjord1 Widerøe.....

Bet the "svele" on board is nice!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Today saw rain, drizzle and low clouds in Kristiansund.
          A perfect day to board a plane bound for Chania, Crete.

The thing is, I'm not on board that plane, but my two girls are
          Drove my better half and my daughter to the airport for the 10:00AM flight to a more sunny and warm part of our world.

Needless to say, I will keep an eye out for Aegean Airlines flight AEE4443 today...., and the return flight AEE4442 next Saturday as they will land back on Kvernberget around 09:00AM.

Anyway, here are my pictures of Aegean Airlines Airbus A320-232 reg. SX-DVI as it land on the airport before taking on board passengers in hunger for sun and heat.

Breaking out of clouds on final for runway 25 at Kvernberget. The propeller aircraft showing its rear end is a British Aerospace BAe ATP-F from West Air Sweden flying for Posten Norge (Norwegian Mail Service)

Just touched down going full reverse thrust on the engines

A320 is a beautiful plane

The aviation world Pakarang view
          Last edited by Sterkoder; July 13th, 2013, 11:06.

Comment

Long time since I did some planespotting, so I took more than a couple this time

Particularly like this image. The aircraft looks so 'swept back' and made for speed

As I understand, 'kinesis' means motion or change in Aristotelian philosophy

Cropped hard, but I felt like that was the only option for this photo

As I end this post, my two girl are at 35.000 feet flying 456 knots overhead Kungsbacka on the Swedish west coast

Comment

Altogether wonderful images Svein... Firstly to say I wish your girls a super holiday. So good to be able to follow their flights isn’t it.
              The way my mind works, I’d feel if I were heading for a holiday in the sun this would be the perfect start. Leaving behind some of the blue skies I’ve seen in some of your Kristiansund photos recently –and we’ve even had a heat-wave in Edinburgh – might somehow have seemed annoying!

The other perfect thing is that this cloudy grey has proved to be perfect for your photography.
              There have been some great aviation images on the forum recently, but I have a feeling I’ll be returning to enjoy and admire these ones often.

Edit: ...and there's more! Sorry Svein, my post crossed with you continuation ...my slow typing!

Edit#2 ...oh magic! ...the order of the posts sorted itself out after all!
              Last edited by Seagull; July 13th, 2013, 11:12.

Comment

Oh, i love the old town centre of Chania! For sure one of the most beautiful places on the island of Crete! Tell my best regards to them, they must spend an evening at the old harbour! For dinner, i recommend a restaurant in one of the back streets, without view on the water, the quality and prices are much better there. They should visit the market hall and the many shops between market hall and the old harbour are THE place to find souvenirs. I spend as couple of nights there in a simple backpacker hotel years ago. Our breakfast terrace had free view over the harbour - wonderful!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Oh, I know what you mean Ralf! Been to Crete a few times, staying in Platanias. But of course we also visited Chania, the harbour there, the back streets and market hall. Very charming indeed!
                  This time I didn't feel like going, so they went with other women/female colleagues and their children.
                  In such a setting I would've been the fifth wheel on the wagon anyway, so...

Comment

Deleted due to it being a double post...
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 14th, 2013, 21:20.

Comment

This Gulfstream G-IV is pictured at Kristiansund airport Sunday 6. October. The registration belong to a company operating the airplane for DeLonghi Company...., whatever they were doing in Kristiansund :-)

Comment

ISO3200 f5,6 hand-held aperture priority

ISO100 f8,0 tri-pod aperture priority

Comment

• Seagull
                          Seagull commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow, night photography AND aircraft! Exciting combination!
                          (Well, you know, I can’t help myself wondering if you were pleased with them ...and yes I like them a lot )

Pleased or not...., I made 28 images, these two was spared in doubt. The 26 others were deleted.

Comment

Great job Sterkoder. Love especially the second one.
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Me too Jan-Olav.
                            I use aperture priority, ISO100 and F8.0, antivibration off. What I need is more experience and to find out how I can get greater pictures with a longer exposure time.
                            I have Bulb function, but need a remote control.
                            We'll see...., training, training, training....

Comment

• pakarang
                              pakarang commented
                              Editing a comment
                              In lack of a remote control you can also use the self-timer function.

Yes, I know...., and I usually use the 2 seconds delay on night shots, but what about when I use Bulb?? Then you get a shake/vibration when closeing the shutter with your finger when you don't have a remote....

Comment

Working...
                            X