No announcement yet.

Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said in another thread, I dived down in my archives and scanned some pictures this afternoon.
    Heres a RDaAF Gulfstream III at Kvernberget in late 1990s, or early 2000. I honestly don't remember. It's parked next to a Dornier Do-228 from the German Navy/Marine
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      As I said in another thread, I dived down in my archives and scanned some pictures this afternoon.
      Heres a RDaAF Gulfstream III at Kvernberget in late 1990s, or early 2000. I honestly don't remember. It's parked next to a Dornier Do-228 from the German Navy/Marine
      A Dornier 228 was the first aircraft I ever flew in... Norving Air I recall.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Found one more picture at the bottom of the drawer, a DC-6 reg. G-APSA of the former Air Atlantique at Kvernberget in February/March 1994.
        This and the companies DC-3 were frequent visitors those days, as they flew in parts to the oil industry...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          A Dornier 228 was the first aircraft I ever flew in... Norving Air I recall.
          Do you know of the Nordving book project then...?

Here's the link to a book worth having for an aircraft and history interested freak : http://www.norving.no/index.html

The link also contains many historic and very interesting pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            Do you know of the Nordving book project then...?

Here's the link to a book worth having for an aircraft and history interested freak : http://www.norving.no/index.html

The link also contains many historic and very interesting pictures.
            Interesting link... bookmarked!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Not exactly aircrafts in the link below, but the first arrival of heavy equipment to start the lengthening of the airports runway.
              There will be a movement of 2,3 million m3 rock, when they turn a small hill into a base for the new part of the eastern runway.
              http://www.brunsvika.net/startside/a...kiner-ankommet

Comment

Sitting here going through my photofiles. It might be that I change my mind, but now...., looking at my old pictures, thinking about the easy handling and the comfort of my old camera, I might buy myself the upgraded and much better FinePix S1500 tomorrow. Time will show.
                Here's an old image of a B737 from the former airline Braathens SAFE landing at Kvernberget 21st April 2004. Good memories..., almost nostalgia

Last edited by Sterkoder; January 17th, 2010, 19:45.

Comment

I like the composition in that last image?

Going for the upgraded version? That was a new twist...

Comment

A Scandinavian Airlines Boeing 737 about to land on RW07 at Kristiansund Airport Kvernberget this Sunday afternoon.
                    Did not have any time to set anything on my camera, so this is as 'Auto' as an image can be, hence the cut wings, as I also didn't have time to adjust the zoom.

Comment

Every time I see a Scandinavian 737 I find myself missing the Braathens Safe livery...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                        Every time I see a Scandinavian 737 I find myself missing the Braathens Safe livery...
                        Me too. But I miss the F-28 in BU livery the most
                        SAS will end their F-50 operations during the spring of this year, and Widerøe's will take over with Dash-8-300 and Q400 in Kristiansund, Molde, Bergen and Stavanger (Vestlink).
                        And I wonder how many more years we will see the SAS livery on the 737s, as SAS keeps delivering red numbers.
                        I heared one time that Lufthansa might buy the company, but I don't know how serious that might be...

Comment

It's a cool picture. I never really noticed that landing gear doors do not close once the gear are extended. Now I'm wodering if there is a door to cover the wheels when retracted.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                            It's a cool picture. I never really noticed that landing gear doors do not close once the gear are extended. Now I'm wodering if there is a door to cover the wheels when retracted.
                            All Boeing 737 models, from the oldest old to the newest new, have just a small "door" to cover the leg of the undercarriage.
                            When retracted, the rubber wheel and a rimcover is perfectly lined with the hull/belly.

On the image below, you can see the small "door".
                            (Image stolen from member 'Newshunter' on Scanair forum, and the 737 is about to taxi out for take-off at Trondheim Airport. Sorry for the steeling of image!)
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; February 22nd, 2010, 08:46.

Comment

Beautiful image from a different angle than the way I was looking....

Mental note: must return to that place to get some winter images!

Comment

Mental note: must return to that place to get some winter images!
                                I do so look forward to more images from Værnes.

Comment

Working...
                                X