No announcement yet.

Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky you, Sterkoder... it is almost like you had your own private flight.

When others go to Futura to do their shopping, Sterkoder orders his pilot to fly him to another town to do the shopping. hahahahahaha

Great shots, off course. Especially love the middle shot with the view of KSU through the windows.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
      Sterkoder commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yes, I had my own private flight.
      But this time I sat in the back seat, because my daughter sat in the right hand seat in the c0ckpit.
      The best Sunday of her life, she said when we landed :-)
      (Just before this particular flight, the pilot called me and asked if I wanted to ride along. So yes, I guess it's lucky me).

Sounds so great - and I clearly understand how great it was for both of you to spend a day like this!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• pakarang
      pakarang commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps Alexa listened in to your voice and arranged it... that is, if you have that spying google speaker in your house. I don't, and I will never have.

But, there has been questions and concerns about ipHONE listening in on conversations. Because sometimes when people opened google, suggestions come up that you were actually going to check.

• Sterkoder
      Sterkoder commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have Alexa, and will never ever get it. What exactly is the purpose of this gadget? Crazy! About the iPhone, I have no idea. Guess I will buy an iPhone again.

• pakarang
      pakarang commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone is always watching us, whatever we say and whatever we do. Not only users of iPHONE are being spied upon, but users of Huawai too... and probably Samsung too. Our thoughts is money to others.

A quiet Wednesday afternoon, home from work, dinner and sinking into the good old chair to let the dinner sink in....., then: my ears pick up a new sound directly over my house, inbound Kristiansund airport.
    I jump up, grab the binoculars, and WTF..., pardon my French, here comes WIDERØE with their brand new Embraer E190-E2 reg. LN-WEC.
    My Lowepro photo backpack is always ready, and not knowing what WIDERØE had in mind and how long they intended to be here, I put my shoes and jacket on, grabbed my bag and drove like only a planespotter in a hurry could.
    When I arrived at the airport, "half the city" was there and I picked up info that WIDERØE use Kvernberget airport for crew training on this aircraft today, and after making 10-12 approaches and touch and goes, they flew back to Gardermoen.
    I also got to use my 450mm lense on a CHC Helicopter Service Sikorsky S-62, the Kvernberget ATC tower, a SAS Boeing 737-800 in from Gardermoen and a WIDERØE Dash-8 coming in from Bergen.

Here we go:

​​​​​​IMGP1418 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP1421 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP1427 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP1430 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

There's also a Pakarang View in aviation
    IMGP1435 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP1438 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP1447 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    ​​​​​​
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

IMGP1459 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP1463 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP1460 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Taking of for Gardermoen/Oslo
      ​​​​​​IMGP1479 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Happy landings, see you next time
      IMGP1477 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP1492 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP1494 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

I can't help, but this new aircraft looks like it is pregnant...
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I guess it has something to do with the plane not being a wide-body, but there are still need for space for the fuel, fuelsystem, ventilation and what not in that belly.
          Anyway, I uploaded a few pictures so that I got them on my iPhone, and whenever I use pictures from the phone, I also add a few effects.
          Now, I would guess this angle make it look pregnant then?

And here are two more, with some HDR and so on in them

Pictures via Photobucket this time, as Flickr is down for maintenance. Am I the only one paying for the bucket, I wonder?

Comment

I like all these photos a lot, and I also liked reading the introduction and, as vividly as in any video, could absolutely imagine you hearing the plane, realising what it was, jumping up, and excitedly heading out! It seems difficult for me to be able to get those sort of spontaneous moments these days (at least locally - I did manage to rapidly get across to Norway last year at the first mention of Hansteen’s voyage! )

And btw you are not the only one paying for the Photobucket.

Comment

• Sterkoder
              Sterkoder commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Cecilia for this comment. Just to add to your imaginary video, Sigrun didn't understand much and the last thing she heard was: -WTF! (Don't need to spell those letters out I guess).
              Well, when I first got my digital camera, and for sure after the Pentax came into my life, I was rather spontaneous..., almost every day. Now, I can count month in between.
              But as we have only Boeing 737, Dash-8 and Sikorsky S-92 on a daily basis, every new sound sharpen my senses.
              Glad I drove to the airport, because it gave me over an hour worth of getting back the old planespotter feeling, and I got to meet up with fellow spotters I haven't talked to in months, some in years.
              We have someone shooting approaches here today too, but the ceiling is down to 300 feet in fog, so they are not visual. From the sound, it appears to be RNorAF with a C-130 Hercules.
          Working...
          X