No announcement yet.

Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAS Boeing 737-76N ready for Oslo/Gardermoen Friday morning and AirItaly Boeing 737-86N ready for Tirana and Trieste

​​​​​​IMGP0327 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0333 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0337 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Wonderful, Sterkoder. As you perhaps guess, SAS is currently my favourite airline.

From what I have come to learn, their environmental profile, their ethics and their visions are well within my own thoughts of what a perfect company is.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

And today, AirItaly with EI-FNW was back on Kvernberget airport.
        Yesterday, I got my new 150-450mm lense, so I drove out to test this huge apparatus
        ​​​​​​IMG_4789 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Etihad Airways Boeing 777-3XF(ER) reg. A6-ETG passing over my head at 34.000 feet from Abu Dhabi to Chicago
        ​​​​​​IMGP0394 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

CHC Helikopter Servise Sikorsky S-92 taking off
        ​​​​​​IMG_4791 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

AirItaly Boeing 737-86N reg. EI-FNW made ready for a flight to Tirana, Albania. (This is in fact an ex. Norwegian machine, as the experts say)
        ​​​​​​IMGP0410 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0435 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
        ​​​​​​IMGP0437 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Kvernberget ATC
        ​​​​​​IMGP0427 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Not specially proud of this one, and as it's taken at 450mm, it is also slightly cropped. But if one think positive, it's almost possible to see the A6-ETG registration
        ​​​​​​IMGP0393 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Wonderful those two aircrafts at cruising.... those are truly hard shots to make. I have tried soooo maaaannnyyyy times, even with a 1200mm lens.

They always turn out just like this.... all that moist air between camera and aircraft does it's work really well in making it hard to get a sharp focus.

I wonder, are these kinds of shots easier in summertime or wintertime, or does it not matter?

I would love to get great shots like these... but have tried so many times, and failed.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Just for the record, #168/2 is handheld at 450mm, #168/8 is on tri-pod at 450 and then cropped.
            I have no idea when it is the best time for such photos, but I would guess a crisp, clear and dry winter day would do? I have seen such shots much sharper, so I know it's possible :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              Just for the record, #168/2 is handheld at 450mm, #168/8 is on tri-pod at 450 and then cropped.
              I have no idea when it is the best time for such photos, but I would guess a crisp, clear and dry winter day would do? I have seen such shots much sharper, so I know it's possible :-)
              Yes, I have seen these kinds of shot super sharp too... but I have also not been able to get a shot like that, and I've tried a lot!

Comment

• Tommi
                Tommi commented
                Editing a comment
                Dry air seems like a good start. That means, you will be freezing! :-)

If using a tripod, it needs to be steady, otherwise you will get micro-vibrations anyway - wind could also affect the tripod/camera.
                A good way to get a idea about the stability is to zoom in max, switch om live view, zoom in max on screen and then give the lens a small tap. You will clearly see how much the picture will vibrate (or not).

The built in stablilazation in the Pentax, how will it behave on a tripod? I know that some of the Canon lenses with stabilazation behaves really bad on a tripod when the stabilazation is switched on.

Looking at EXIF for the #168/8, I think that 1/400s is far too long exposure time for hand held, an possibly also for tripod too in this condition. You should be able to boost up the ISO to at least 800 without starting to loose details in the image noise.
                Cropping always brings out some of the less good technical stuff of the picture.

My last comment: whatever the shot - a good editing always will lift your results. I don't know how many times I've returned from a theater photo session, reviewed my pictures and they all look as crap. After some hours I have 40-50 nice keepers ready for publishing.

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for constructive comments.
                I agree to the shutter speed. Guess I'm "afraid" to use higher ISO, but I know a full-frame camera easily should keep up with 800 without any noise.
                At 450mm the aircraft at 34.000 feet rushed fast through the frame/view finder, so I had the lock loose and kind of panned the plane.
                But of course, I will go out again and practice...., practice, practice, practice.
                As for the #168/8, it is also heavily cropped ;-)
                Don't know about the stabilization and how it works on a tri-pod. All I know is that I turn it off (or rather the camera does, when set the mirror-up function) when I use a tri-pod for night photography

Today I spotted two DA-20 Jet Falcon of 717 SQN RNoAF making a low approach to Kvernberget.
              Our local aero club invited members to attend the traditional Christmas coffee around lunchtime, and when I arrived at the airport, there they were parked, the two Jet Falcons!!!
              I drove back to the office, grabbed my Pentax and pullet a few strings as best I could, to get a pass for a visit inside the fence.
              The brother of one of the club members were on guard at the airport today (lucky me), and here are the results. Where were the two crews? In the airport restaurant eating lunch

Falcon5 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

All of these pictures has made their way to CVF via the Pentax own wi-fi zone, into my iPhone, through the Facebook and into Flickr..., so bare with me on the quality.
              Just this picture has three filters; HDR, Glamourglow and Vignett (or what it's called in English).
              Falcon4 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The two Jet Falcons carry the names HUGIN and MUNIN, which were the two ravens of the mythology figure Thor (with the hammer)
              Falcon3 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Falcon2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Falcon1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

WOW... what an awesome and rare catch.

That's the way to travel - by a private jet!

Comment

• Sterkoder
                  Sterkoder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My 450mm lense was at home, and I really felt I should've had it when they taxied out to take off. They taxied out in formation, a VERY rear sight at Kvernberget.
                  Yes, the Jet Falcon is mostly known to be a business jet, but these two from the RNoAF are used in electronic warfare and calibration of navaids and airport landing instruments.
                  These two, #041 and #053, had a third sister in #0125. She was all white with a red/white/blue stripe along the fuselage.
                  #025 was used to transport VIPs, such as our King and members of the government, among others. That white Jet Falcon was permanently grounded due to cost earlier this year, so the 717 SQN now only flies these two.
                  Despite the fact that they are packed with instruments, they can lift 6 passengers, and our King Harald is known to have been using #053 more than once.

I guess this was what we call "fun facts" :-)
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; December 21st, 2018, 09:06.

Three weeks ago, RNoAF 717 sqn. practiced formation flying over southern part of Norway, and stopped for lunch at Kristiansund airport in their two Dassault DA-20 Jet Falcons.
                Yesterday, RNoAF 335 sqn., also based at Gardermoen, practiced formation flying with two C-130J Hercules..., and you get no extra point for guessing where my 450mm lense was...

Here are FRIGG and FRØYA (RNoAF use names from norrøn (nordic) mythology on their Hercules airplanes) land from the east, taxi all the way to the end of RW07 and make a duet take off after
                doing the dance of Hercules on the runway.
                (Don't pay any attention to the technical outcome of the pictures, as I had to drive like I had stolen the car and just fire away. Think it's ISO6400 or something in that first one making it too grainy).

​​​​​​IMGP0580 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The dance of Hercules
                ​​​​​​IMG_4954 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• Seagull
                  Seagull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never mind not having your big lens with you and being in such a rush. It is exciting for me to hear that you made it, see your photos, and read about these planes.

A quick photo session with the local aero club, Møre Flyklubb, today.
                The local port authorities want a picture for the new cruise booklet, to offer local sightseeing flights to the cruise passengers.
                LN-NPO is a Piper PA-28-181 Cherokee Warrior, model 1980. It came new to Kristiansund in 1980, and after a few years away, it came back and the circle is complete.
                This is also the very same aircraft I flew when my pilot license was still valid.

I belive this is the picture we will use. This friend at the wing there is both a pilot and a pilot..., to put it that way (sea and air).
                (Guess who drew the blue logo wing of the club on the hanger wall there *cough-cough* )
                ​​​​​​IMGP0714 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0722 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0718 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0719 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0729 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Wonderful images... especially of the two big one's: FRIGG and FRØYA.

One of those were at the same airshow we went to, at Stjørdal, as you surely may remember. Impressive aircraft and the sound ... the sound is just perfect!

Comment

• Sterkoder
                    Sterkoder commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks.
                    Oh yes, I remember Værnes Airshow 2014. It was FRØYA on display there ;-)
                Working...
                X