No announcement yet.

Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of days ago, my family and I took a walk to that place east of the runway again

Special light and skyscape that day

Freikollen mountain (629 meters) in the distance
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Not exactly the airport, but I must show you my last few taken from the east end of the runway. They are taken towards east and the mountains at Tustna. What a light!!!!

And walking down to the end of the road there, we ended up down by the sea looking east towards the ferry stretch Seivika-Tømmervåg and further in the Vinjefjorden and Trøndelag.
      This road is of cource built for the purpose of driving rescue vehicles on it in case of a planecrash or something...
      My last two pictures here should've been posted in the ferry thread, perhaps, but since they are part of a collection taken from the same spot.

The ferry is ÅFJORD, a reserve for one of the other older ferries which is on an annual resertification and maintenance

That's all, folks!

Comment

Two flights take off from Kvernberget at 1 PM each day by Widerøe, one to Bergen and the other to Stavanger and Kristiansand.
        Today we also had a visitor from Prague with a Pilatus PC-12 at stand 1.

Comment

• Tommi
          Tommi commented
          Editing a comment
          I've flown quite a much with Dash-8's. A bit noisy, usually good leg room and a nice acceleration on the runway.

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          Have to agree on those three, Tommi.
          The acceleration from standstill toward take-off speed is nothing less compared to a commercial jet.
          Then there's the noise, which is like sitting inside a mixmaster (I would guess), and it vibrates. But once on cruise altitude, it's quite ok.
          Leg room, from my experience with Dash 8 (Widerøe and US Airways) is very good :-)

• pilotdane
          pilotdane commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I love the Pilatus PC-12. One of my favorites right along with the Dash 8. My big thought is the Dash 8 should have a horn to beep and get the slow moving ATR's out of their way.

That last image, the B&G one really stands out as an exceptional image. Well done, Sterkoder!
        With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
        Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          Photobucket is gone for me, when it comes to third party use of my pictures. So, here's the B&W Pilatus picture reuploaded
          SSL24306 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Long time since we've had something from Kvernberget airport in Kristiansund. Since all my Photobucket images are long gone, I guess it's time to start filling this thread up again.
        Here are a few from Friday and we see a couple of Bombardier (former DeHavilland) Dash-8 from Widerøe, one for Bergen and one for Stavanger. In the middle we see a Bombardier CRJ-900 from Scandinavian Airlines bound for Gardermoen/Oslo.
        SSL23922 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23924 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23925 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23926 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

It say SAS all over, but actually this is an aircraft on wet-lease from City Jet in Ireland. Wet-lease of cource means that SAS rent everything from plane to crew.
        SSL23929 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Taking off for Bergen
        SSL23934 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Taxi out on active runway for departure to Oslo
        SSL23945 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Rotate, lift-off and up into the wild blue yonder we go...
        SSL23951 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Great new additions - glad you found time to update and refresh this thread!

Thanks also for the explanation of wet lease - my days are now filled with a lot of aviation and aviation-related studies, but I hadn't gotten to the chapter on we-lease yet.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome.
            The other method of leasing is of course dry-lease, where a company lease aircraft only
        Working...
        X