Model planes in action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a beauty!

At 6,5 kg, do you have to notify anyone before going airborne, or? (Local CAA, ATC or something?) I'm not into model airplanes, but I belive the limit is 5,0 Kg in Norway
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Absolutely - it's a beautiful thing indeed.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

In the United States no special waiver or permission is required for aircraft weighing less than 55 pounds (25 kilo). Above that weight you must get a waiver. We may not use metal propellers and they can not carry rockets, explosives or firearms or drop items that may be hazardous. I have one plane that can drop bombs and I usually use Nerf footballs. We have fun as I try to bomb a person on the runway and they try to catch my bombs (football).

Our club actually operates out of a airport for full size airplanes. It's a grass airstrip mostly used by crop dusters and other small planes that fly in for maintenance. We are outside class B airspace and in a remote location so we do not have to contact the FAA or traffic control when we fly. We do maintain a good look out for real airplanes and land and get out of the way when they need to use the airport. We also have a radio so we can talk to the airplanes.

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          I checked up on the updated rules and regs for model airplanes, helios and drones in Norway, and they have changed since the last time I read them. Then again, I was totally into the private pilot segment of aviation, so I might be excused.
          Norway has adapted the European rules and regs, and as in the USA, the weight limit over here is also 25 kilos.
          (The 5 kilos limit I remembered was from way, way back in the late 1970s. You might imagine a blushing smily here).
      Working...
      X