Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some new raw RAF intakes getting a few pointers on the Tornado.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

The Danish & Canadian flight line. Finningley 1986.

Comment

Great....!!!! We can take more of this...!!!!
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Here is the famous B-17 Flying Fortress Sally B, magnificent to look at and very impressive to hear.

Comment

Now here is a big gal, the B-52 Stratofortress. Even more impressive in the air, this wonderful aircraft that first flew in 1952 will still be in service until 2040. Not bad for an aircraft that would be 88 years old by then.

Comment

Here is the famous B-17 Flying Fortress Sally B, magnificent to look at and very impressive to hear.
              I agree totally! I got to experience "Sally B" live at Gardermoen Air Show north of Oslo in 1984.
              By the way, the inner starboard engine cowling will for all times be coloured in black and yellow chequered pattern.
              That's the exact same engine cowling colour of the "Sally B" founder Ted Whites T-6 Harvard in which he and his good friend Mark Campbell were killed in Malta in 1981.

Comment

The B-52 is really an incredible machine. It is hard to imagine something so ugly fighting it's way into the air.

About 8 years ago I wento Ellsworth Air Force Base in South Dakota, USA. It was a cold, rainy windy day and I was walking around looking at a BUFF (B-52) and noticed that the wing tip would rise and fall with with wind. I walked over and spent some time wathching the wheel on the wing tip. It would go up/down about 6 feet (2 meter) with the wind. One time while it was down I wrapped my arms around and held on. Up came the wind and up I went. The wind kept blowing and my arms were getting tired. Finally the wind calmed and I slowly came back to the ground. A very cool learning experience. That huge wing was generating tremendous lift even in 30 knot wind.

Comment

something so ugly
                  ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

For those that have seen or heard of the film "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines," will know of the Lee Richards Annular Biplane. While this particular photo shows the replica version from 1910, this one didn't fly. But, it was saved from destruction after the 1965 movie.

You've got to love the innovation of those days. Even if most designs ended in disaster.

Comment

The Danish owned Saab F-35 Draken, capable of Mach 2+ 1,317mph (2,120 km/h). All Danish Draken's were retired in 1993.

Comment

Here is the Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star. The light was getting weaker, I just managed to take the shot and it wasn't so bad in the end

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                          Here is the Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star. The light was getting weaker, I just managed to take the shot and it wasn't so bad in the end
                          Cool shot... love the skies above and the composition of it. The only thing I would say is a bit sad, is that the wing seems to be a little cropped in the left frame of the image.

This image could be even more awesome after a few minutes in PS...
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I can see what you mean, it was difficult seeing it through the digital viewfinder in that poor light. The photo turned out lighter than I thought it would.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                              I can see what you mean, it was difficult seeing it through the digital viewfinder in that poor light. The photo turned out lighter than I thought it would.
                              Sorry for doing this, but I wanted to show you how great this photo really is..

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Now that looks great! Nice over all atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X