Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Unknown plane to me:
    Antonov An-32B.

Sterkoder: Do you sleep? Type of aircraft tend to pop up before images of unknown models are presented on these pages.
    Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Hehehe...., take a look at #573.1 ;-)
      (An excellent occation to tell how much I dislike useing the 'Comment'-button. Any comment done by that possibility will drown).
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Nothing but a very, very random spot:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

totally not intrested in airplanes,but when i'm shipspotting and this guy keeps coming back,why not.
          in know that the license plate for the Netherlands is PH,it have a engine,a prop,wings and 3 wheels and thats all i know about this plane

best regards Thijs

Comment

it was all the time there when the ''Berge Stahl'' was sailing into Rotterdam.
            thread shipspotting around the world, #4084 page 273
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Let me enlighten you the, my friend:
              PH-PEJ belong to SKY Pictures and according to my info, the owners adress is in Kortgene (where ever that is). It's a Cessna 172P Skyhawk, and has one time actually been on Norwegian registration as LN-SJK, as well as the Danish registration OY-JRG and in the USA as N63187 ;-)
              The airplane is used for aerial photography by SKY Pictures, so I guess BERGE STAHL was their motif. When I was an active pilot, I checked out on the Cessna 172, and it is a delight to fly :-)

Comment

[QUOTE=janihudi;n190605]totally not intrested in airplanes,but when i'm shipspotting and this guy keeps coming back,why not.
                in know that the license plate for the Netherlands is PH,it have a engine,a prop,wings and 3 wheels and thats all i know about this plane

Wot - no tail? Here it is http://www.planespotters.net/Aviatio...lightradar_200
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

so that plane had been around on the whole world.
                  the only name i know of planes of that size is Cessna,but didn't know if that was one.
                  is the Cessna the ''volkswagen'' in the sky?
                  there is a ledger where you can find al that info?probally a kind of marine traffic for planes.
                  type the licence and you got al the info.

Kortgene lies in the south west part of holland,south of the 5km long Zeelandbridge.

best regards Thijs

Comment

you posted a reply while i was making a map for Kortgene Ivy.
                    with there logo on there tail
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Not all that far from where we were in 2012.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        nope,just 2a3 kilometer

Thanks for that geography lesson :-)

There are surely pages on the internet for everything, but I just used the good "old" Google to search the registration :-)
                      I have the registration lists from many countries, but not the PH-list from the Netherlands. So Google does it for me, Thijs.

And yes, you are correct. The Cessna 172 and Piper PA-28 was (or still is) the Volkswagen Beetles of the air.
                      The Cessnas are high-winged (wings mounted on the top of the c0ckpit) and Pipers are low-winged (wings mounted as low as they can be on the fuselage).
                      So if you spot a high-winged plane (single engine one) and you put all your money on 'Cessna'..., you are pretty safe in the bet ;-)

Comment

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks Svein, something to think about when i see a plane again.

Around Amsterdam.

Comment

Yesterday, just cruising ABOVE my ferry... an Orion?

At least, I can see the German flag on her tail.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This is a German Air Force C-160 Transall transport aircraft. They are in Norway when they need large areas for low lever training, although this individual might be on a long final to land at Værnes?? The German C-160s are soon to be fased out for the Airbus A-400. One of these Transalls were on static display at Værnes Airshow 2014.

Comment

OK... thanks for the information Sterkoder. I thought it was something like a ORION.

Huge thing, deep humming sound as they passed overhead.

They have been flying quite low over the fjord for a couple of days now, back and forth.

Two-three days they came QUITE LITERALLY BETWEEN the forward and aft masts of my ferry as I was departing from Rørvik ferry dock.... too late to get camera out.

Comment

Working...
                            X