Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'yvneac' :
    Fantastic images from the alps..., made in black and white, that last one there could work as an adverticeing poster from the 1970s :-)
    This is real piloting, flying like flying with small propeller aircraft should be. It's so nice to look at.
    I suspect it's a Jodel, possibly a homebuilding kit DR1050, even if I don't see the registration. Wings are clearly designed by Pierre Robin..., I refuse to belive otherwise :-)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

AWAC........ from NATO base Geilenkirchen Germany.

Comment

Superb catch of the AWACS aircraft.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Back in May this year, these big "birds" made several fly-over's above my ship.... an awesome sight and thundering sound!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

What a capture!
            In May 335 sqn. had a 4-ship fly-by several places to commemorate the sad loss of a Hercules at Kebnekaise mountain one year earlier (March 2013).
            Due to an optical illusion I like your #528/3 best because it seems like the closer one is flying higher than the other three, making it look like a 'Lost man (crew) formation' where the reflection only add emotion in view of the tragic flight one year before.
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thank you very much for those sentiments and that comment. I had not even "noticed" that the formation came out the way you explained. Having read your explanation, it gives the image a whole new level of interest. Thank you very much!

Comment

An Airline not often seen on CVF:

The big and the small.
                Singapore Airlines has just had to take over all shears and control of Tiger Airways.

Here represented by a SIA A-380 and a Tiger Air A-319:

Comment

seen from Tiel Netherlands.

Comment

Three Cargo Planes side by side at Penang Airport:

Another cargo plane taxiing behind us:

Is this going to be the "new normal"??:

Looks like Mr. Fernandez (Air Asia) has found a new source of revenue.
                    As long as the air fare is low I presume, once you are inside, it doesn't matter what the plane look like on the outside.

Comment

Lined up to take off from Changi Airport, Singapore:

Another Airline not often seen on CVF, MAS Wings:

MAS Wings fly short haul in Sabah and Sarawak, East Malaysia, incl. to some isolated Longhouses in the jungle on the boarded with East Kalimantan, Indonesia.

Comment

Somebody heading Offshore:

Unknown plane to me:

Not an unusual aircraft type, but an unusual Airline to see in S.E.Asia:

Singapore Airlines have a few planes dressed in Star Alliance colours:

Singapore Airlines long haul Budget offshoot, Scoot:

Comment

A better picture of the Air Asia plane turned into a flying advertising board:

Don't know if it is the same plane as seen in # 133/3, or if there is several of them.
                          I'll be flying to Penang with Air Asia tomorrow. Maybe I get the "honour" to be in one looking like that???

Comment

That unknown aircraft looks like an Antonov An-32.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                              Sterkoder commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's correct. It belongs to Valan Intl. Cargo Charter in Moldova :-)
                              To be a bit picky, it's a B-model..., which in fact is just an improved A-model. The An-32 is a re-engined An-26, in the way that it has almost twice the power of the original An-26. The higher placed engine nacelles allowes for a larger diameter propeller to be fitted, and the improvement of the An-26 into the An-32 means also that the aircraft can operate in more adverse weather conditions than the -26.
                              (Name and model can be seen under the c0ckpit windows though ;-) )

My EasyJet flight from Jersey to Glasgow and back .

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

• pilotdane
                              pilotdane commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I still can't get over all the exposed stairs and walking across the tarmac in Europe's airports. With the "wonderful" weather you'd think Europeans would be pioneers in jet bridge technology.

• kiki42
                              kiki42 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              hi Pilotdane, Jersey is so small an airport, the plane stops at the door ..lol no long walks to get to the gate number too.. Such a change compared to bigger airports that tire you out even before you reach the Gate . lol

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                            Unknown plane to me:
                            I found that hard to believe, Ombugge!
                            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• ombugge
                              ombugge commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't know why that should be hard to believe?? I have flow in many types of aircrafts, but this one was new to me.
                              I could probably have found out be searching the registration, but I was sure someone would tell us all about it.
                          Working...
                          X