Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A military aircraft Orion?
    Oh yes, that is the beautiful unmistakeable silouette of one of the RNoAF Lockheed P-3 Orion stationed with the 333 sqn. at Andøy Air Station.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Oh yes, that is the beautiful unmistakeable silouette of one of the RNoAF Lockheed P-3 Orion stationed with the 333 sqn. at Andøy Air Station.
      I just knew we could trust you to find out for us!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Geez, Big S, could you be a little FASTER next time??? or a little MORE specific please?? Like, who's flying it? Can't you tell from the reflection in the windows??????

Man, you are something ELSE...............

Comment

ps-- Great photo, Asimut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Like, who's flying it? Can't you tell from the reflection in the windows??????
            Oh yeah...., I could tell...., but since it's a military aircraft, it's classified

Comment

My parents were on a month long river cruise in Europe and returned home on Friday. Here are some shots I took while waiting to pick them up at Raleigh Durham Airport (RDU). I edited some out but you can see the hazy look of our hot, humid summer air.

It was a little after 6pm (18:00) so a local news helicopter returned to the airport after filming the evening rush hour.

Air Canada Jazz on approach to land.

Comment

Now a trio of American Airlines planes

First American Eagle's CRJ-700 taking off.

And another one landing. Yea... how exciting (not). RJ's everywhere...

Finally a full sized American Airlines MD-80. They are old technology and drink a lot of fuel but the aircraft are so cheap to buy and maintain that American still flies a bunch of them.

Comment

You guessed it. Another regional jet.
                  [IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/pilotdane/2009/Airplanes/U***pressDeparting.jpg[/IMG]

And finally my parents arrive on a United Airbus 319.

Comment

Nice report, Dane!!
                    Like the livery on the USAirways plane, but they could've done something about the lookalike Stars & Stripes back there...

Need I say we all could take more of this...?

Comment

Excellent Dane.. thanks so much!

BTW, I saw the AWACS in Bodo today... but had no camera with me...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

but had no camera with me...
                        ...wha.., eh....., I'm lost for words....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          ...wha.., eh....., I'm lost for words....
                          This is a difficult point believe you me.... two days ago, a GIANT EAGLE flew at an arms length ahead of the bridge windows of Skogoy... just floating on the wind coming up in front of our bow.... AND WHERE is my camera?

In the suitcase!

No time to photograph anything when racing in narrow waters between islands and rocks...

DARN!

Comment

I can understand that handling a HSC and a camera at the same time don't work.
                            You know what I would like...?
                            Hand over your camera to your fellow crewmembers there on the bridge, and let us all in on your working day. Wouldn't some of us like to see J-O in a job situation....? Guess so

(If you don't mind, and it's ok to take pictures on board, that is...).

Comment

Small plane

this plane circled overhead 3 or 4 times while I was at Ballachulish golf course.

a CESSNA 172 ? (OK, I Googled it )

Comment

a CESSNA 172 ?
                                You're right. In fact, it's a Cessna 172M....., built in France under lisence from Cessna Corp., meaning it's a REIMS/Cessna 172M.
                                As far as I know, this one is owned by Skytrax Aviation Ltd. in Long Street, Atherstone.

This particular machine, and others from that company, are known to be "annoying" people in the UK, due to their low flying over selected areas for a long periode of time.
                                Some suspect that they are doing aereal photography, and Skytrax Aviation Ltd. being a company selling pictures to people of their homes....

Looking at the pictures again, I notice this machine has a three-blade propeller. That usually result in more noice, as the tips of the blades reach the speed of sound at certain rpm's. That might be the reason for this spesific aircraft being mentioned on different forums when they discuss aircraft noice. But I don't know...
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; August 14th, 2009, 09:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X