Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

A couple of planes seen on a wet and windy Haneda Airport, Japan a week or so ago:

Not a very special plane, but an Airline not seen much outside Japan.

Could this be the first of the B787s in commercial service:

Appeared to be sporting the special ANA B787 colours (as seen on picture of the B787) when seen from the terminal at Haneda, but I did not get a good picture when taxing. (Best I could do)

Comment

No price for guessing what type of plane I was on:

Nor for guessing the destination:

Here is a small plane seen on the tarmac:

Identification please.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        This should be a familiar sight for many on CVF:
        Approaching Copenhagen....?
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes it certainly is on approach to Kastrup Airport, Copenhagen.
          A well known landmark for frequent visitors to that airport.

Comment

Yes it certainly is on approach to Kastrup Airport, Copenhagen.
            A well known landmark for frequent visitors to that airport.
            What was that island called again..._? I just can't remember any longer...
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              What was that island called again..._? I just can't remember any longer...
              This one is called Flakfortet –it’s the second of the photos of the island forts in post#10 of this thread. I went on a boat trip and landed there for an hour of so.

Comment

Here is a small plane seen on the tarmac:

Identification please.
                Thank you for interesting photos! This is an de Havilland Canada (now Bombardier) DASH 8 Series 201 from a small japanese airline called Oriental Air Bridge. The airline is based in Nagasaki and were founded in 1961 with the name Nagasaki Airways and were renamed in March 2001. The same year they recived two factory fresh DASH 8 201 JA801B delivered in March and JA802B in December. Here in Norway these aircrafts are an common sight, Widerøe has Series 103 with 39 seats, this is basically the same aircraft as the Series 200, the main difference is that the latter has more powerful engines. They also has the larger Series 311 with 50 seats and even larger Q400 with 78 seats. The airline has recently acquired 3 used Series 202 aircrafts which will replace the oldest Series 103 aircrafts during this year.

Comment

I loved flying as a passenger aboard the Dash 8's. Get a window seat at night and watch the pitch of the propellers change when beginning the takeoff and if the weather was right you could see contrails from the tips of the blades. Once in the air the throbbing of the engines would put me right to sleep.

Comment

Yes of cause the DASH 8. I should have recognized it. I posted several pictures of DASH 8 in post # 317-319 of this thread and in the PNG thread.
                    Maybe it is the colour scheme that makes this one look so short.

Oriental Air Bridge flies to the outlaying island off Kyushu from Nagasaki and Fukuoka airports.

Comment

Some planes seen at Sepang Airport (KLIA) today.

Cargo planes in a row:

This looks like an old L-1011:

Also known as a "Three holer".

PS> I used to fly in those with Cathay Pacific to/from Japan back in the mid-1970s.

Comment

Here is another seldom seen aircraft, the "chopped" off B-747:

The airline is not much to be seen either.

Malaysia Airways new colour scheme:

And a full size B-747 in the old colours:

Comment

More tri-holers seen at Changi Airport:

Also freighters by the look of it.

Comment

Who say the B-727 is "dead"?
                            At least it still "exist" as a position marker at KLIA:

Together with other seldom seen air crafts, at least in this region.

Comment

I got excited when I read 727... only to see nothing but paint on the tarmac. I have fond memories of the 727. Being handed a rum punch as we boarded in Miami for the flight to Grand Cayman on Cayman Airways. Sadly, when you board the plane to come home they just tell you to sit down and shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                                I got excited when I read 727... only to see nothing but paint on the tarmac. I have fond memories of the 727. Being handed a rum punch as we boarded in Miami for the flight to Grand Cayman on Cayman Airways. Sadly, when you board the plane to come home they just tell you to sit down and shut up.
                                Sorry if I disappointed you there but at least at KLIA they are ready if one should show up.
                                I haven't seen an actual B-727 in years and cannot remember when I last flew in one, but my most memorable flight in one was going down from Buenos Aires to Rio Grande in Tierra del Fuego at the beginning of the Falkland war, in April 1982. At each intermediate stop enroute (Commodoro Rivadavia and Rio Galego) the window blinds were pulled down to ensure that we could not see anything of the facilities, or the Mirages with Exocet stationed there.

On landing at Rio Grande, only the back ramp were opened for disembarkation. A bus with blackened windows were pull up to the ramp and soldiers were standing guard on either side in the gap between them.

We were taken to the only Hotel in Rio Grande, where the security check was carried out and the special permits scrutinized to ensure that no British spays were among the passengers.

The next morning I was taken back to the airport, boarded a chopper and flew out to the rig, with no special security, or restriction of any kind, except a warning not to step outside the paved tarmac, since there area was mined to protect against British Special Boat Forces, who were know to be in the area.

I was flying up and down between BA and RG many times in the following two years or more, always in B-727 belonging to Aerolinias Argentinas.

Comment

Working...
                                X