Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widerøe traveling to Bodo from Sandnessjøen

Comment

The crew took the blame, lost their licences and got fired
      That was a strange conclution to a sad happening.
      What happened to the #1 engine? Why did it explode? Or didn't anyone care, as long as the crew took the blame?
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Norseman I hate to hear that story. Aborted takeoffs rarely end well.

Comment

I kind of dream of getting such a superb image of an overhead A380:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Been surfing around at Scanair/Flyprat forum lately...?
            (Seen that superb picture of that A380 before, and seem to remember it was in there).

It's a great shot, and I let myself get impressed by photographers who manage this. I mean, the aircraft also moves forward...., so you both have to keep your camera still while at the same time move it just a bit to follow the plane...

Comment

I never manage to get these kinds of photos: even with a really good zoom. They always seem a bit blurred, white balance does not look good, and the different layrs of air makes it not sharp...

This can't possibly be taken at cruising altitude, can it?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Don't know, Jan- Olav..., but here's one taken from ground of an Emirates A-380 flying over St. Petersburg at 9.000 meters.
                (I'll bet there's lenses costing more than ours involved).

Comment

SAS plane in for landing at Tromso airport this afternoon.

Best wishes from
                  Bengt Domben

Comment

Beautiful! That is an amazingly stunning view of an aircraft!

With the wings.... ohh... what are they called.... ? bent upwards at the end, she is almost as elegant as a swan.
                    Last edited by pakarang; February 15th, 2011, 22:40. Reason: They are off course called "winglets"

Comment

With the wings.... ohh... what are they called.... ?
                      Those are called 'winglets'..., and different from the Airbus winglets, these Boeing ones looks nothing less than se......, well, you know what I mean...
                      (They are designed to prevent the high pressure under the wing from flowing around the wing tip and merge with the low pressure over the wing, creating a rotating wortex. If not for the winglets, this would have caused increased drag and therefore an increased amount of fuel needed to operate at a slightly higher throttle setting to compensate for that drag).
                      Am I far off, 'Norseman'??

Stunning image, Bengt!!!

Comment

Yupp... remembered it just after posting... winglets.... (just had a brain freeze)....

Comment

SK 4456 from Bodø in for landing at Tromsø airport this morning.

A smaller plane LN-FTN in for landing

Last edited by Azimut; February 17th, 2011, 23:17.
                          Best wishes from
                          Bengt Domben

Comment

DY 242 from Oslo in for landing

WWII hero Max Manus pictured on the tail

Best wishes from
                            Bengt Domben

Comment

Great images, and so nice to see other angles than most other aircraft pictures!!!!

LN-FTN:
                              New Piper Aircraft Corp. PA-31 Navajo/Chieftain owned by Fly Taxi Nord AS.

Remember back in the late 70's early 80's when 'swarms' of such 10-12 seater twins filled the sky (it seemed like it), and above all, I really miss the syncronized sound of those two engines!! MUSIC!!!!

Fly Taxi Nord AS is a company based in Tromsø: http://www.flytaxinord.no/
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 18th, 2011, 08:28. Reason: Correcting my english...

Comment

Thanks for the comment Sterkoder and for the information about the plane LN-FTN
                                Best wishes from
                                Bengt Domben

Comment

Working...
                                X