Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the comment Sterkoder and for the information about the plane LN-FTN

Comment

Beautiful shots Asimut. I have always liked looking at the landing gear details of different planes. Some planes leave the wells open while others close the doors again after the gear are out. Then there are all the flap panels and leading edge slats. It's amazing how they can make the wing get bigger and create so many new leading edges to re-activate and attach the airflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Great images, and so nice to see other angles than most other aircraft pictures!!!!....
        …I can see that the practice session photographing those eagles has perfected the technique!!!!!!

Yes Asimut – these are truly amazing photos.

Comment

Seagull
          …I can see that the practice session photographing those eagles has perfected the technique!!!!!!
          The technique comes very handy when photographing metal birds in the air.

But anyaway thanks for the comment from you both pilotdane and Seagull

Comment

Wonderful shots of the metal tubes in the air.... reminds me, it's been a while since I hung out at Værnes Airport...
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Airbus 380 from Emirates above Trondheim again recently: saw it way too late to get the settings in the camera right or in time to change the lens to a more suitable one:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Get that 2x extender and you will be able to see the passengers' smiling through the windows.

----
                Have you noticed that sometimes 4 engine aircraft seem to only make 3 contrails. Your A-380 photo seems to show 3 trails. Were 4 trails visible to your eyes? I have seen the same thing with 747 making only 3 contrails.

Comment

China Eastern A-300 at Changi Airport:

Not seen in Europe or the States I think. One of the biggest domestic and regional airlines in China.

Comment

No secrets here: probably helps in-experienced service crew finding the right parts....

Comment

Funny looking livery....

And now we know, if we didn't knew it before, where it's most safe to choose a seat when flying. (Look for the 'black box' sign I don't expect the aircraft designers to put the box in any other place than where it statistically is less damage to the airframe in a crash).
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

This has got to be one of the best liveries I've ever seen, as Sterkoder says it is funny looking... but it is brilliant!! lol
                        Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Gatwick airport changeover from Jersey to Glasgow

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

I have been out flying a bit lately and been on very slow Internet connections so I haven't been able to post much lately.

Here is a collection of some of the aircrafts I have been on, or encountered, lately. Many of these airlines will be fairly unknown outside S.E.Asia, I think.

Here is a Tiger Air A-320:

Tiger Air is a Budget Carrier belonging to Singapore Airlines. (Mainly)

B-747 Cargo seen at KLIA:

Southern Air. Probably well known to some, but not a frequently seen brand here.

Comment

Air Asia in different colours from their normal red and white:

I believe they are sponsors for the "Raiders" whatever that may be?

Ahh!!, must be an American "Football" club:

Comment

B-747 coming in to land at Changi Airport, Singapore:

I forgot to note which airline, but maybe somebody can recognizing it?

Another view at Changi Airport, with a collection of aircrafts from various companies at the gates:

From left to right; Qantas (Aus.) Lion Air (Indon.) Emirates (UEA) and Kingfisher (India)

Also at Changi; Singapore Airlines B-777 and A-380 and a Qatar Air (???):

Comment

Working...
                                X