Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Landing at Tromsø airport is always a fantastic experience, Dane. Perhaps most amazing if there is a low cloud layer, from which you emerge and from the window see only water which you are convinced you are going to end up in . . . but then suddenly there is the end of the runway and you’ve landed!
    I have had the very same experience coming in for landing at Værnes Airport Trondheim...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Airplane from Norwegian after take off from Tromsø airport.
      This is the end of the runway facing south.

Flight Strip as seen from the top of the fjellheisen on the mainland.

Tromsø air port seen from the bird perspective.

The last picture taken from : Gule sider.no
      Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

Excellent photos of the impressive location of the runway, Asimut.

Somewhat OT, but may I point out those aerial dishes that can be seen centre of the second photo behind the blocks of flats. This is KSAT, one of the ground stations for the receiving of data from polar orbiting satellites. There is now a similar facility in Svalbard which due to its more northerly location has increased coverage of the satellite passes.
        Although I have not visited this facility, there is a pleasant walk (I think it may be a ski trail in wintertime) around the perimeter of the site. I will look out some photos for the Tromsø thread when I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          Somewhat OT, but may I point out those aerial dishes that can be seen centre of the second photo behind the blocks of flats. This is KSAT, one of the ground stations for the receiving of data from polar orbiting satellites. There is now a similar facility in Svalbard which due to its more northerly location has increased coverage of the satellite passes.
          Although I have not visited this facility, there is a pleasant walk (I think it may be a ski trail in wintertime) around the perimeter of the site. I will look out some photos for the Tromsø thread when I have time.
          This is where Kongsberg Satellite Services AS have there buildings on top of Tromsø island.

Photo: Gule sider.no
          Best wishes from
          Bengt Domben

Comment

On the Tromsø thread, I’ve posted some photos of a walk around the perimeter path shown on the above view #229, along with some of the nearby lake Prestvannet which is seen on Asimut’s photos in #227 above.

Comment

It's not every day you can see no less than three different types of Antonov aircraft here in Tromsø! Nordavia (former Aeroflot-Nord and Arkhangelsk Airlines) Antonov An-24RV RA-46651 takes off in the background. On the ground two visitors that came with equipment to the music festival Døgnvill which took place here in Tromsø early this month. The aircraft are Antonov An-12BP UR-CFB from "AeroVis" Airlines LTD from Ukraine and Antonov An-26B YL-RAA from RAF Avia based in Riga, Latvia.

Here are some more pictures of these birds:

Last edited by LN-MEH; September 20th, 2010, 23:08.

Comment

Some more Antonov pictures from Tromsø Airport:

Comment

Originally posted by LN-MEH View Post
                  Absolutely phenomenal images from Tromsø! Thank you so very very much for taking the time to share them. I'm in awe!

In the above image, I think this might indicate that the aircraft originated as a military aircraft. I remember this device from the aircraft museum in Bodø: two machine guns protruding out of the double-tracks.

Here is an image I took of another image at the museum:

Last edited by pakarang; September 21st, 2010, 10:55. Reason: Added the image I was talking about.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Pakarang, that is correct. The aircraft is c/n 6343802 and is built in 1966 and flew with Soviet/Russian Air Force as "02 Red" until 2005/6. Was registred as UR-CFB with Aero "Vis" Airlines LTD in October 2006. The smaller AN-26B (c/n 11206) had its first flight in July 1981 and has been operating since 13/8-1981 as CCCP-26064 (then RA-26064 from June 1993). From 18/12-1997 as YL-RAA with RAF Avia in Latvia. Nordavia An-24RV had its first flight in January 1974 and has been operating as CCCP-46651 from 22/2-1974 and then RA-46651 from 22/2-1994.
                    Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding my pictures!

Comment

This is the Viking plane, which flew into Jersey from Norway to take passengers from Jersey to Italy and back.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                        This is the Viking plane, which flew into Jersey from Norway to take passengers from Jersey to Italy and back.

Viking Air? Now, that is a new airline I had never heard of before.

Comment

hi jan, the travel agents in Jersey hire this plane every year to take jersey people direct to sorrento and back. I guess it is a charter plane .

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Viking Airlines

Viking is (was?) a Swedish charter airline.
                            They lost their AOC (Air Operator's Certificate) this fall.
                            But, their Greek subsidiary continue operating.

More on this Swedish page:
                            Scroll down-
                            (Try Google translate? )

http://www.svenskaflygbolag.com/

Comment

A few planes seen on my trip to Norway and back.
                              First a Singapore Airlines A 380 as seen 03. Nov. through tick glass windows at Changi Airport, Terminal 3:

At Vigra, Aalesund 24. Nov.
                              A SAS B737 on the tarmac and a Cimber CRJ 200 taxing in:

Always read the safety card in the pocket in front of you before take-offangel)

Comment

In Copenhagen on the way home 27. Nov.
                                A KLM flight:

Correction: Not everything blue is Dutch. This one belong to TUI. (also a new one for me)

Our SIA flight:

A Thai flight:

A new one to me, Brussels Airlines:

Air France heading in for de-icing:

PS> Acouple of these pics have been posted in other threads as well.
                                Last edited by ombugge; December 1st, 2010, 15:17. Reason: correction

Comment

Working...
                                X