Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Percival Prince G-ALJA

Karachi 19 May 1949 outside old airship hangar, on the way to Shell Oil in Singapore.

Last edited by pinkharrier; August 19th, 2010, 13:08.

Comment

Comment

Great comparison, the real original C-130 Hercules and the russian "copy".
        Lots of differences, but also a great deal of similarities
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

At Copenhagen’s Kastrup airport, 23 July 2010

This was the plane I took to Trondheim, flight WF355. I don’t seem to have noted the aircraft’s identification, being too busy ensuring I had the second image for possible use as my “Skyscape of the day” (though it was later rejected in favour of a Trondheim sunset!)

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            At Copenhagen’s Kastrup airport, 23 July 2010

Cool image: awesome shot!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Kind of thought you’d like it pakarang. It was a hard call between it and sunset at The Last Viking statue .. . . anyway, back to air stuff – next are some photos at Ålesund Airport - Vigra 29 July 2010

Comment

Comment

Kristiansand Airport - Kjevik

Arriving 29 July 2010

Returning 2 August 2010 on flight SK9738 to Copenhagen
                  Canadair Regional Jet-900 OY-KFH Ella Viking

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Seagull.

btw LN-BUG used to be named "Øystein Haraldsson" when operated by Braathens.

Comment

. . . and thank you for the info Nichu –especially as I seem to have lost my caption for that photo! When did that take-over/name change occur?

Comment

Norwegian Dy 242 from Oslo a few seconds before landing at Tromsø airport today.

Norwegian DY 115 to Bergen a few seconds after take off

Best wishes from
                        Bengt Domben

Comment

Great images, Bengt!
                          I see you have been out on a little trip in the nice weather.
                          Hope you are ok in your back then
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Love those images... there is a certain charm to them, with the machine and nature in harmony.

Those fantastic images is good evidence that a tele zoom is not always appropriate.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
                              An absolutely incredible photo (actually they are both great shots) though I cannot figure out why they are landing on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                                ....though I cannot figure out why they are landing on the water.
                                Landing at Tromsø airport is always a fantastic experience, Dane. Perhaps most amazing if there is a low cloud layer, from which you emerge and from the window see only water which you are convinced you are going to end up in . . . but then suddenly there is the end of the runway and you’ve landed!

Asimut just posted a nice photo of the airport ; I wonder if there’s one somewhere showing the end of the runway?

Comment

Working...
                                X