Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've not seen any vapour trails in the sky since late morning yesterday (Saturday) although the airports reported as closed were Stornoway, Benbecula, Barra, Inverness, Wick and Kirkwall. I can only think that the transatlantic flights are being re-routed.

These planes are the only ones I've seen today , flying together:

Comment

I belive the images looks like:
      1) Yakolev YAK-52
      2) Yakolev YAK-18 and YAK-52
      3) Yakolev YAK-18T

(Must have been a great sound though).
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I think the best sound for the money comes from the T-6/Harvard.

Comment

Interesting looking planes, which I assume is for civilian use.
          But what is Hungarian small planes with a large Red Star doing flying around in Scottish airspace during a shut down due to ash in the air?

Comment

There once was severat YAK-18Ts on british reg., but somewhere down the road, someone discovered that for a reason, russian aviation authorities never did certify this type of aircraft for international use ().
            When Hungary became a full member of JAA and got their own certificate of airworthyness (CofA) programme, all the british registered YAK-18Ts changed to hungarian registery.
            I don't know at the moment, but I belive this HA-YAJ is based at Glenforsa - Isle of Mull, but I'm not sure as this could be a visiting aircraft to the annual fly-ins there....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              There once was severat YAK-18Ts on british reg., but somewhere down the road, someone discovered that for a reason, russian aviation authorities never did certify this type of aircraft for international use ().
              When Hungary became a full member of JAA and got their own certificate of airworthyness (CofA) programme, all the british registered YAK-18Ts changed to hungarian registery.
              I don't know at the moment, but I belive this HA-YAJ is based at Glenforsa - Isle of Mull, but I'm not sure as this could be a visiting aircraft to the annual fly-ins there....
              The noise from the planes was what drew my attention, perhaps more so because nothing else was moving. They were well below cloud level and looked as though they had been following the course of the Caledonian Canal.

The Glenforsa fly-in is on 28 May this year so you are perhaps right that one of the planes is based there. I'd never heard about this event before so it might just be worth going over or perhaps, even better I could sit on the mainland and watch them in the air

Comment

A four-engined airliner above Oslo on October 4th 2005:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Alta Airport and a Norwegian plane

More pictures from Alta Airport comes later
                  Last edited by Joakim; May 20th, 2010, 22:03.

Comment

Where is everyone? The parking lot is empty.

Comment

Nice report from TOS, Asimut!!!!

If you manage to take pictures of SK 4425 tomorrow (23rd May), you might be in for a scoop....
                      After 12 years in the pilots seat of SAS Boeing 737s, a member at Scanair forum end his work with the company after being "one too many" in the SAS saving programme.

Link from Scanair (norwegian only): http://forum.scanair.no/showthread.php?t=64602

And some of "the last pictures" is starting to come in: http://forum.scanair.no/showthread.php?t=65473

The smiling pilot is now starting as an advisor in the national railway company.....
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; May 22nd, 2010, 21:35.

Comment

Agree! These are great images from TOS airport! Love the second one where the SAS is touching down!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

From the Frankfurt airport....

Comment

Lady E... your geek-points has been seriously "upped" the past days!

Comment

The only plane spotting you can do legally here in Bodø is from far away but it isn`t necessarily a bad thing!

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

The only plane spotting you can do legally here in Bodø is from far away but it isn`t necessarily a bad thing!
                                Got no good knowledge of the area, but isn't there a hill of some sort down by the local aero club where one can crawl up to and take pictures...?
                                And a perfectly legal place, much closer, is the old control tower cabin on top of the aviation museum.
                                That gives superb pictures from the approach/take-off, landing, taxi and park.

Great photo though!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X