Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice report, Bengt!
    So..., how about that Dash-8 from Widerøe there...., did it fly through the ash cloud...?

And that picture from the thai photographer via Pakarang:

How do they do it...!!!???!!????

When I sit by the window on a plane flying through the most busy airspace over Europa, there are other planes crisscrossing above and below when I sit there ready with my camera.
    I have tried to catch a plane for I don't know how many times, but it is impossible!!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

As far as I know, Arm32 is a pilot at Thai Airways... that probably explains a bit...

Strange seeing that all-white Norwegian Air aircraft in Tromsø... almost looks like it's .. ehhh... naked..
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

As far as I know, Arm32 is a pilot at Thai Airways... that probably explains a bit...
        I was on the edge of writing that this kind of pictures take some sort of arrangement, or that this was taken by a pilot who then naturally knows (via radiocom) that a plane is coming up from behind or from wherever, and he can prepare himself and his camera to the maximum.
        That is certainly not the case back there in the cabin...

I know of, and have seen, many great images of this kind before (air-to-air photpgraphy), and most of them are taken by either a captain or first officer up front.
        I belive the coolest images of that kind are the ones taken via the "eyebrow" windows in aircraft that has those wher the object is flying directly overhead from the camera

Example: A Korean Airlines B-747 overtaking another plane on their way to JFK. This is taken via the eyebrow vindows...
        Last edited by Sterkoder; April 16th, 2010, 22:03.

Comment

I wanna be a photo interested pilot too!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Kota Kinabalu Airport, Sabah, East Malaysia

A bit of a climb down from the stunning pictures taken by pilots and Asimut's snow covered mountains and airport.

This is some pics taken through a not too clean aircraft window as we taxied out from Kota Kinabalu Airport.

A couple of Tails logos not seen very often in Europe. Royal Brunei and Slikair:

I think Royal Brunei fly to London (LHR), however. (The Sultans has a residence there. )

This one definitely doesn't fly to Europe. MASWINGS:

They fly the Borneo "milk-run" and local flights in Sarawak and Sabah, including to Long House settlements in the interior, with Dash 7, Twin Otter and Helicopters.

A quick lesson in Bahasa Malayu:

If there isn't a suitable word available, just change the spelling a little and use the English word.

Comment

MASKargo must be a subsidiary of Malaysian Airlines no doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                MASKargo must be a subsidiary of Malaysian Airlines no doubt...
                As is MASWings................. (that should do)

Comment

Seaplane over Bergen harbour. Someone said it landed in the harbour but I never saw it.

SAS- LN-RNN. First signs I saw of passenger carrying aircraft.

Air Berlin (rather blurred)

Comment

We've not seen any vapour trails in the sky since late morning yesterday (Saturday) although the airports reported as closed were Stornoway, Benbecula, Barra, Inverness, Wick and Kirkwall. I can only think that the transatlantic flights are being re-routed.

These planes are the only ones I've seen today , flying together:

Comment

I belive the images looks like:
                      1) Yakolev YAK-52
                      2) Yakolev YAK-18 and YAK-52
                      3) Yakolev YAK-18T

(Must have been a great sound though).

Comment

I think the best sound for the money comes from the T-6/Harvard.

Comment

Interesting looking planes, which I assume is for civilian use.
                          But what is Hungarian small planes with a large Red Star doing flying around in Scottish airspace during a shut down due to ash in the air?

Comment

There once was severat YAK-18Ts on british reg., but somewhere down the road, someone discovered that for a reason, russian aviation authorities never did certify this type of aircraft for international use ().
                            When Hungary became a full member of JAA and got their own certificate of airworthyness (CofA) programme, all the british registered YAK-18Ts changed to hungarian registery.
                            I don't know at the moment, but I belive this HA-YAJ is based at Glenforsa - Isle of Mull, but I'm not sure as this could be a visiting aircraft to the annual fly-ins there....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              There once was severat YAK-18Ts on british reg., but somewhere down the road, someone discovered that for a reason, russian aviation authorities never did certify this type of aircraft for international use ().
                              When Hungary became a full member of JAA and got their own certificate of airworthyness (CofA) programme, all the british registered YAK-18Ts changed to hungarian registery.
                              I don't know at the moment, but I belive this HA-YAJ is based at Glenforsa - Isle of Mull, but I'm not sure as this could be a visiting aircraft to the annual fly-ins there....
                              The noise from the planes was what drew my attention, perhaps more so because nothing else was moving. They were well below cloud level and looked as though they had been following the course of the Caledonian Canal.

The Glenforsa fly-in is on 28 May this year so you are perhaps right that one of the planes is based there. I'd never heard about this event before so it might just be worth going over or perhaps, even better I could sit on the mainland and watch them in the air

Comment

A four-engined airliner above Oslo on October 4th 2005:

Comment

Working...
                                X