Molde Airport - Årø

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molde Airport - Årø

Thought we had a thread from Molde airport, but can't seem to find it. So therefore, here's a few images from Molde as I was passing by from Ålesund to Kristiansund today
    This is the view of the runways west side after extension some years ago, and Årø river had to be forced into a new course

Molde Aero Clubs Piper PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II was doing some touch and go's

And flying "through" the contrails from a UAE (Emirates) Airbus A-380 on its way from Abu Dabi to New York at 36.000 feet
    Last edited by Sterkoder; June 10th, 2013, 07:00.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Re: Molde Airport - Årø

Funny thing, it seems like my visits and pictures from Molde Airport always are connected to a trip to Ålesund
    Saturday I came from the most perfect day in Ålesund again, and stopped by the airport in Molde.
    First, here's the tower of 'Molde Information', as this airport is not a controlled one. A pilot can not get any clearances from the people in this tower, as that is taken care of by the ATC-people in the tower at Kristiansund Airport.

Then, here's a Cessna filled with parachtists about to take off

A business aircraft, also a Cessna, waiting for fuel

In the background of the Cessna, a British Aerospace cargoplane flying for the norwegian postal service
    Last edited by Sterkoder; June 10th, 2013, 07:00.

Comment

Great shots of Molde airport, I particularly like the clean look of the one of the runway, with the Romsdals Alps in the background.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wonder why it was me, from Kristiansund, who had to open a thread about Molde airport..., but ok, that's life

Went to Molde today to run away from the terrible wet weather we had in Kristiansund.
        The funny thing is I desided to do so before I knew ADVENTURE of the SEAS was there, so that was just a bonus for me.

After we (my daughter and I) was finished in the city, we drove down to the airport before we sat course home.
        At the airport, there were crouded on the tarmach, and just after we left, Widerøes came taxying in with a Dash-8.

From far back to front:
        B-737 for Norwegian
        B-737 for Scandinavian
        BAe JETSTREAM for Krohn Air
        British Aerospace BAe ATP-F for West Air Europe
        Cessna 560XLS Citation Excel for Netjets Europe

The Cessna 560XLS

Norwegian arriving Molde with their B-737 tailpainted Christian Krogh

Comment

Today there was a huge bird in Molde, not landing, not touch and go, but something I would call 'low and go'..., as they were practising an approach to the airport.
          Airbus A-340 from Deutche Luftwaffe, photo via Facebook/Pål Henning

Comment

oh.... what aircraft is that?

4 engines....? ... as you said an Airbus 340.... now, that is a large aircraft... what is it used for? Curious....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Airbus A-340, the same SAS use on intercontinental flights.
              Deutsche Luftwaffe use it for troop transport, VIP flying and any other need for transportation. I belive the Luftwaffe got 2 such planes.

Comment

I'm not in Molde everyday, so I guess it's time for a couple of pictures from their airport again.
                Here is LN-MTE, a Cessna 182N used by Phoenix Parachute Club. Four jumpers sat on the floor behind the pilot this time
                ​​​​​​IMGP1216 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Widerøe arrived from Bergen as WF514 with this Bombardier Aerospace DHC-8-311
                ​​​​​​IMGP1222 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And as a spectacular backdrop is Sunnmorsalpene seen from the back. (Aka the Molde panorama)

• Tommi
                  Tommi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, that's a really impressive background!

I love the shot of Wideroe with that spectacular backdrops... for those who loves Molde, they would probably say that nothing is more beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  I love the shot of Wideroe with that spectacular backdrops... for those who loves Molde, they would probably say that nothing is more beautiful.
                  What do you mean??? Have you looked at Sunnmorsalpene from the FRONT??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post

What do you mean??? Have you looked at Sunnmorsalpene from the FRONT??
                    That must be beautiful, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X