Vigra Airport - Aalesund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vigra Airport - Aalesund

For slow-TV enthusiasts, here is live webcam from Vigra Airport, Aalesund: http://www.smp.no/fly/

There is a weather station there also, which may come in handy some times.

Not many photos from Ålesund airport - Vigra. Not here, not on Facebook, not on aviation forums not anywhere.
    So, then I will be happy to show you some taken with my Pentax when I had the pleasure of being invited on a flight from Kristiansund to Ålesund and return as a safety pilot for the pilot in command who wanted to practice his new Instrument Rating.
    We flew his Cirrus SR-20, a very nice USA-built machine. The owner is a partner at Schødt Lawyers in Oslo, so he got himself the suitable registration LN-LAW for his plane.
    Anywho..., here are the pictures from Vigra Tuesday evening.

Let me start with the Cirrus then, parked west at the general aviation parking area
    LN-LAW by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A microplane, the Aeroprakt 22 L2
    Aeroprakt 22L2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Cessna 206 Stationair
    C206 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

PIPER PA-28 Cherokee
    LN-BGT by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Beechcraft 200 from the Air Ambulance Service operated by Lufttransport AS. This plane was being prepared for a flight to Kristiansund as I took the picture
    LN-LTC by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

EMBRAER Phenom 300 business jet (yes, that pilot had a long good look in my direction. Never seen a photographer before?)
    Phenom300 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The Phenom 300 taking off
    Phenom300 2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A small aerobatic plane, LN-IVE. It's a PITTS 12, but in the national registry it say "Bent Jacobsen Pitts-12", indicating that it might be a homemade kit. The owner, Mr. Iversen (hence the reg. LN-IVE), is a supervisor and inspector hired by the Civil Aviation Administration to inspect homemade aircraft on their behalf. So he is very familiar with homemade kit planes. But I'm not sure.
    Pitts12 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The last two from Vigra show a beautiful cargo plane from Sprint Air, a SAAB 340A built in Sweden. In this first one, I was on my knees.
      SAAB340 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Taxing out for departure
      SAAB340 2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Landing video Vigra. Sound is required and the signal at 18 seconds comes when we turne the auto pilot off. The voice saying "five hundred" means we ar at 500 feet above ground level, and the voice saying "minimums-minimums" means we are at the hight above ground where we has to decide what to do; land (if we see the runway in bad weather) or climb and go around for another try. The loud alarm at 1:41 is the stall warning and comes when we fly slow at landing just before the wings no longer produce lift.
        Click on the picture and you will be directed int my flickr-account to click play on the video there.
        ​​​​​​IMG_3752 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Must post one more picture of the plane we flew. Ain't she a beauty?
          ​​​​​​SSL26355 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Wow Big S! what a superb collection of images! What can I possibly say?
            Sure I do like the look of that Cessna 206 Stationair (must be that kind of bird-like livery )
            But as regards photography I don't have a 'favourite' ! They are ALL perfection - every one of them.
            So delighted you got the opportunity to take this flight.

As for contributing to Vigra photos, I did manage to come up with this 'throwback' to 2010

Comment

Nice airport - and as many say, one of the most beautiful approaches in the world.

I liked the bright red Aeroprakt 22 L2 - such a beautiful construction!

Nice video by the way..... we have come a long way since the Camel Sopwith technology-wise... LOL

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Nice airport - and as many say, one of the most beautiful approaches in the world.

I liked the bright red Aeroprakt 22 L2 - such a beautiful construction!

Nice video by the way..... we have come a long way since the Camel Sopwith technology-wise... LOL
                Oh, yes..., we've come a long way since the Sopwith Pup, the Bleriots, the Tiger Moths and what not, and in a very, VERY short time.
                Just think about it; back in 1903 Orville and Wilbur flew with engines for the very first time in history, and just 35-40 years later, we saw the Spitfire, Mustang and even jets like the Messerschmitt Me-262.
                And today, only 115 years since the brothers at Kitty Hawk?
                Well, we are talking about travelling to Mars. I think it's rather impressive.
                And think about me, back in my flying days, when we flew our old Piper and Cessnas by the seat of our pants and hand on controls with analogue instruments and handheld analogue flight computers from Jeppesen.
                Now, as we did on Tuesday, we control the plane by turning small knobs for heading and altitude (when on auto pilot). Everything else is taken care of by the plane itself. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                  Wow Big S! what a superb collection of images! What can I possibly say?
                  Sure I do like the look of that Cessna 206 Stationair (must be that kind of bird-like livery )
                  But as regards photography I don't have a 'favourite' ! They are ALL perfection - every one of them.
                  So delighted you got the opportunity to take this flight.

As for contributing to Vigra photos, I did manage to come up with this 'throwback' to 2010
                  Thanks for commenting.

Nice to see an areal view of Vigra, and..., those pictures you posted on that page from the Tall Ships Race in Kristiansand. THAT'S a great memory, something I will have in my heart for as long as I live.
                  That boat trip in Jan Martins little boat, no money can buy such an experience. Now you got me to take a look again on my Tall Ships 2010 pictures :-)
                  (I can understand your comment on that C206. It really looks like a seagull ;-) )

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post

Oh, yes..., we've come a long way since the Sopwith Pup, the Bleriots, the Tiger Moths and what not, and in a very, VERY short time.
                    Just think about it; back in 1903 Orville and Wilbur flew with engines for the very first time in history, and just 35-40 years later, we saw the Spitfire, Mustang and even jets like the Messerschmitt Me-262.
                    And today, only 115 years since the brothers at Kitty Hawk?
                    Well, we are talking about travelling to Mars. I think it's rather impressive.
                    And think about me, back in my flying days, when we flew our old Piper and Cessnas by the seat of our pants and hand on controls with analogue instruments and handheld analogue flight computers from Jeppesen.
                    Now, as we did on Tuesday, we control the plane by turning small knobs for heading and altitude (when on auto pilot). Everything else is taken care of by the plane itself. Amazing.
                    AMEN!

It's not only in aviation, it's the same for me in my career at sea. If we go back to early 90's, when I was a Safety Officer on cruise-ships in Caribbean, I wrote Safety Memo's and other documentations on a TYPE WRITER. I remember when we got computers installed on board the SS Norway, and we were asking ourselves if that was really necessary!

The scary thing though is that the world is changing faster now, than ever before in the history of mankind.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                    X