No announcement yet.

Schiphol Airport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thank you for these Fokker pictures. I belive it is one of the nicest aircraft designs flying...., having grown up with the Fokker F-28 fellowship with the Norwegian flag-carrier airline Braathens S•A•F•E.
    Fokker F-70 is a shorter version of the F-100, which was a new development of the old F-28.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Warning: OT follows

So many years ago my first visits to the Netherlands were by sea, and that was in the days when the ship was a small passenger-only one, rolling and tossing in the heavy seas that the North Sea can provide you with on occasion. I recall standing up on deck on one night journey where the horizon was see-sawing and the wind was howling. I'm fortunate in that I'm a good sailor, but I was the only one on deck! The massive car ferries now in service to and from The Hook bear no resemblance.
      But the first time I flew must have been in the little old Fokker Friendship F27, a tiny plane with only a few dozen passengers. I went from Norwich airport - about 40 minutes drive from home and which consisted of a small building where you showed your previously bought ticket and your passport to the chappie at the door, saw the Fokker waiting outside on the tarmac and strolled out to board. In more recent times there was the pretty little six-bladed-propellor Fokker 50, a size larger to match the slightly larger airport, now distinguished by its security measures and huge glass windows beyond which, heaven forbid, you dared not progress until formally given permission over the tannoy and inspection by the official at the newly opened gate. Now it is the Fokker 70, slightly larger still and, before you may even progress towards the gate, there is an obligatory £10 charge in Norwich to go towards the funding of goodness knows what further "improvements" to the airport. If they don't hurry up with whatever these improvements are the cash will be worthless. Or perhaps it is just to provide more exciting buns at the tea counter.

A couple more photos especially for Svein, both taken at Norwich in 2012:
      Just before boarding at Norwich

P1150079
      by Ivy, on Flickr

Flaps open, back at Norwich

P1160038
      by Ivy, on Flickr

And three at Schiphol (yep - back on Thread)

P1160014
      by Ivy, on Flickr

P1160020
      by Ivy, on Flickr

P1160021
      by Ivy, on Flickr
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Ah, thank you so much! Your story and pictures works well with the first cups of morning coffee.
        As the aircraft nerd I am, I "have to" pick..., as it's actually the spoilers which go up on the wing, and I must say...., wow, what a neet and orderly sight, as it usually looks like a "crows nest" when spoilers open and you can see all the way into the systems of wireing, tubing and wing structure
        Than you managed to get a Boeing 777 of Qatar Cargo. Nice!
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
        X