VÆRNES AIRSHOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VÆRNES AIRSHOW

Yeeehaaaaaaa....., ever since the large airshow at Værnes in 1996, this is what I've been waiting for!!!! Mark 21.-22. June 2014, it's going to be great!!!

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Found a weblink for this airshow, after you asked Oistein :-)

http://www.varnesairshow.no/

Comment

• Oistein
      Oistein commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

The airshow organizers are about to reveal their static and air display. AND IMPORTANT: you can now buy tickets via Hoopla (on the airshows webpages).
    I just bought tickets to both days, payed and received both on e-mail and SMS. Could it be easier??
    Look forward to a great week-end in Stjørdal!!!!

Comment

Only 18 days left to the happening at Værnes. May we hope the weather goes on like today, with 18 degrees C and sunshine!!! (As a photographer I'd rather go for a little less sharp light, but we have to think about the family too..., who do not care about reduced sunlight for that purpose) :-)

See you there Jan-Olav..., or...? :-)

Comment

338 sqn. F-16 pilot 'Tin Tin' will not appear with his private T-33 as FedEx misplaced the new fuellines. Finally they arrived, but unfortunately too late to get the T-bird certified in time for the show.
        Another sad update is that the F-86 Sabre announced will not appear either, as the aircraft just got sold from UK to USA.
        The airshow in Haugesund this week-end managed to get a Hawker Hunter as a replace, so let's hope Værnes also find another interesting jet. They still got the Mig-15 though :-)

Comment

The participating aircraft for Værnes Airshow are now starting to head for the airport. A DeHavilland Vampire did a most beautiful low approach and pass at Kristiansund airport today. What a great sight!!! I was on the main road in my car doing 70 km/h so there were no room for any use of camera :-)

Comment

Don't know how things stand right now, but the people behind Værnes Airshow is working hard, very hard, to get the worlds only and largest aircraft Antonov An-225 to Værnes.
            There's no problem to handle the 225 there, but the 90 degree taxiways might cause some difficulties. Then of course it's the cost. Possibly $600.000,- just to get the aircraft from Gardermoen.
            Let's hope for the best :-)

Comment

It's always staggering to find what things cost. When you have aircraft and systems where every engine start, landing, pressurization cycle is tracked and has a limited number... it gets very, very expensive.

Comment

Well, it's clear now that the 225 will not go to Værnes. The airline operating the hughe aircraft said 'Go!' If the captain accepted the technical specs at Værnes, but it all stranded on economy. Antonov Airlines wanted too much. No one will comment on how much, but an airshow spokesman sY the sum was more than many Norwegians earn in a year. (A personal guess on the sum would be anything between NOK 500.000,- and 1.000.000,- then to get the bird airborne).

Comment

And a photo from Terje Stensrud at Gardermoen show the difference in size between the An-225 and a new long RNoAF C-130H Hercules :-)
                  The two aircraft are exactly in line here, so there are no optical illusion or anything.

(I guess the full size of this giant russian can't be understood until watched live)

Comment

Pictures from Værnes will be posted when time permits. Stay tuned :-)

Comment

Ok, if anyone is interested...., here we go with pictures from two days of airshow at Trondheim airport Væernes 21.-22. June 2014.
                      The upload will take ages, as we're only allowed to post 6 images at a time and I have to go all the way out of CVF each time for the images to load. Don't know why.
                      And thanks to Photobucket, the images will NOT be chronological this time, as they place my images all around like a crows nest and I have no time to spend trying to jump back and forth to try and build a chronological story for you. Sorry....

As Photobucket nevertheless manage to split between the days anyway, lets start with one of the RNoAF Pilot Schools SAAB MFI-15 Safari.
                      The pilot school is now based at Bardufoss, but before that was 50 years at Værnes, and #806 was one of mine as I was a crew chief at the schoolin 1982-83. My other plane was #815.

The pilot school visited with five Safaris, four of them making the display team Yellow Sparrows

A Norwegian registered PZL-Mielec (polish lisence built Antonov An-2). The reg. is LN-KGB :-)

Detail of the An-2

Norways only operative Republic Aviation Company RC-3 Sea Bee, reg. LN-PLO

Comment

Forerunner of the Safari at RNoAF Pilot School, the SAAB 91B2 Safir. This one is on Norwegian civil registery as LN-BII

A former Swedish air force pilot trainer SAAB 91B Safir, now Norwegian reg. LN-HHS

The pilot trainer used in Canada during WW2, at the Norwegian pilot training camp Little Norway. This is a Fairchild M62A Cornell. Reg. today is LN-BIF

A French built Aerospatiale SNI NORD 1002. I guess the equivalent to something you might be familiar with in design is the Messerschmitt Bf-108 Taifun. This is Norwegian registered LN-WNM

Then a fighter not standing back for anything, except for modern weapon systems and flight computors..., the Swedish SAAB 35 Draken. This one performed an impressive diplay.
                        On civil Swedish reg. with the Swedish Historic Flight as SE-DXP

Dakota Norway flew with their Douglas C-53D Dakota LN-WND. This has once belonged to the Finnish president.

Comment

I don't think it's a random registration on the PZL-Mielec, LN_KGB. And PLO are also present.

Looking forward for more.
                          Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The reg. on the PLZ (An-2) had to be KGB, and PLO is due to the Sea Bees owner, Per Leth Olsen ;-)

Some detail shots, first the nose art of the Biltema owned NA P-51 Mustang It's about Time. On Swedish reg. as SE-BIL

She flew perfectly with the aviation worlds most beautiful sound

The Swedish Historic Flight troika present at Værnes, closest SAAB SK-60, SAAB 35 Draken (810) and SAAB Viggen (52)

A German Luftwaffe C-160 Transall transport aircraft reg. ID 50+54

Port side details

The Transall can be kneeled down completely to make loading and unloading easier

Comment

Working...
                          X