X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Flying.. or Landing?

You gotta love these mad pilots, and admire them at the same time!

Extreme Landings

Would you fly with them?
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

If I would fly with'em...? Of course! Those are the best among the best, and in such weather conditions I understand why their paychecks has so many number on'em after the $...
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
      You gotta love these mad pilots, and admire them at the same time!

Extreme Landings

Would you fly with them?
      I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed being a passenger at some of those flights...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Now this is Concorde trying to land..... Yooooowser!! Up she goes again.

Comment

BA 747... Sideslip down big fella, great landing from the pilot.

Comment

BA 747... Sideslip down big fella, great landing from the pilot.
            Must agree, fantastic skill from the pilot, brilliant the way he held the nose up until he was happy with the line up. He made that look easy, but without the experience that could have got nasty very quickly.
            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I can whole heartedly agree Steve. But this one is this lunacy or something else?

Comment

Concorde showing off!

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I can whole heartedly agree Steve. But this one is this lunacy or something else?
                  Urmm..... either lunacy or part of some airshow. If not an airshow i really cannot understand the reason for that, he takes off normally, then levels out and fly's along the runway, then suddenly decides he's out of there! Im sure the airframe was non too impressed with that sudden maneuver.

Comment

Sweet mama!! What perfection she was. Very agile for essentially a big gal. Thanks for that Steve I enjoyed that very much. Considering I've now replayed several times. Pooooower!! Concorde will always be number 1 jet liner for me.

Comment

Sweet mama!! What perfection she was. Very agile for essentially a big gal. Thanks for that Steve I enjoyed that very much. Considering I've now replayed several times. Pooooower!! Concorde will always be number 1 jet liner for me.
                      I can only agree, years ago i lived in Wandsworth, South London. Every evening i was privileged to watch Concorde banking around on her approach to Heathrow, and with the evening sun glinting off her she looked stunning. A brilliant and very elegant aircraft. Such a shame she will never fly again.

Comment

For this pilots truly amazing skills I give a big 0. I cannot see 100% what he was trying to do, I can only guess that he has applied full throttle and invoked a forced swing to starboard, either way you've got to admire his accuracy for parking.

Comment

For this pilots truly amazing skills I give a big 0. I cannot see 100% what he was trying to do, I can only guess that he has applied full throttle and invoked a forced swing to starboard, either way you've got to admire his accuracy for parking.
                          If you watch closely you see his starboard wing tip hit the parked vans, that spun him around. WHOOPS!

Comment

Your bang on there Steve. I missed that one, taking it to full screen I could see it. I wonder what the insurance write up contained? That would be worth framing.

Comment

I nearly missed it too, i was about to put it down to a cable snapping or something. Yeah, how would you word that in your insurance claim?, even worse, what about the poor guy who's truck he hit - 'it got whacked by a plane - honest it did' !

Anyway, someone should have told this guy that his carrier sailed off an hour ago!

Comment

Working...
                              X