RAF Waddington Airshow 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Waddington Airshow 2012

Well folks, it's that time of year again!
    RAF Waddington Airshow is this Saturday & Sunday, I'll be going on the Sunday 1st July.
    Before that I'll be attending the arrival day on Friday tomorrow, hopefully it won't be like today (which I'm glad I missed), teriffic lightning storm and severely thunder and heavy rain.

Hopefully Sunday night around 10pm I'll be uploading the first photos of the airshow, but I'll have some photos up of the arrivals day tomorrow!

Photos to come....
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Re: RAF Waddington Airshow 2012

Oh, I must point out that you are a world champion in teasing poeple!
    Usually I don't find Sundays at around 10 PM amusing at all, simply because it's so few hours left to Monday and another week of work.
    But this time I can't wait until 10 PM Sunday!
    I do so look forward to pictures from this years Waddington!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Oh, I must point out that you are a world champion in teasing poeple!
      Usually I don't find Sundays at around 10 PM amusing at all, simply because it's so few hours left to Monday and another week of work.
      But this time I can't wait until 10 PM Sunday!
      I do so look forward to pictures from this years Waddington!
      Ah! You know me my friend! I knew you'd be ready for some up and coming airshow photos, I always look forward to seeing yours... and boy! Your airshow photos are always a great treat to see!
      I put 10pm just to be on the safe side, I might even get some up much earlier if all goes well leaving the airbase. We haven't had any problems the last 2 years, but many folks last year were actually turned away by the police as the traffic congestion went crazy. Folks went ballistic at the police and lots of them who paid for a show never saw it at all.
      Fingers crossed and we have smooth sailing into the airbase... but then again I know the area too well! Last famous words.. just watch! LOL

Comment

Okay! Here are some PRE-airshow shots, they are from the arrivals day of aircraft coming in.
        We even got several displays too, nice too!
        I got them uploaded as soon as I could for you Sterkoder!

Comment

...and some more from yesterday.

Probably by the time I'm done shooting a wedding today it will be direct from the airshow itself.
          If I can squeeze them in I'll put up some airshow arrivals, because of the position I ended up in the shooting photo location was excellent! Probably better than the airshow itself!

Comment

Okay! Last photos of the airshow arrivals before the main event of RAF Waddington Airshow 2012!

Comment

...and the last!

That's it... will see you all after the main event tomorrow!
              I'll try to get some photos up before 10pm tomorrow evening for you Sterkoder!

Comment

Thank you, thank you!!
                I enjoy your pictures alot, specially that Gloster Meteor.
                I should, but I don't know: what air force does that tiger-JAS come from...? Is it Czech...?
                It certainly ain't swedish, because they write FARA on the air intake instead of DANGER, and the most important thing: they ain't members of NATO so they don't have any tiger sqn.
                Then we have post #7 picture 3. Wow, what a capture!!!!
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Thank you, thank you!!
                  I enjoy your pictures alot, specially that Gloster Meteor.
                  I should, but I don't know: what air force does that tiger-JAS come from...? Is it Czech...?
                  It certainly ain't swedish, because they write FARA on the air intake instead of DANGER, and the most important thing: they ain't members of NATO so they don't have any tiger sqn.
                  Then we have post #7 picture 3. Wow, what a capture!!!!
                  Your welcome Sterkoder!
                  Now, a little late.. but better than never, here's the first of the photos from today's airshow!
                  To be frank, the weather started out nice and then it turned utterly crap.
                  It threw it down with rain, the sky was pretty dark and made life difficult for shooting anything.
                  Anyhooo! Here's what I came up with... humph!

PS. The Tiger JAS was from the Czech Republic!

BAE-146 Prince Edward Earl Of Wessèx Transport.
                  This delivered the Prince to Waddington for the day, I bet he didn't get wet like we did!

Boeing 757 Royal New Zealand Air Force.
                  The pilot really threw this around for a very large jet, nuts would be more apt!

T-50 Golden Eagle Republic Of South Korea Air Force the Black Eagles.
                  These guys were quite brilliant, we couldn't see their full show with height in it due to the extremely low cloud base.

F-18 Swiss Air Force.
                  Great display from the Swiss pilot, made even more dramatic by the vapour.

...more to follow!
                  Last edited by SaintsFCFan; July 2nd, 2012, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                    ....To be frank, the weather started out nice and then it turned utterly crap....
                    The weather can be as crap as it likes when it produces an image like that last #9/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      The weather can be as crap as it likes when it produces an image like that last #9/4.
                      Oh if only! My mum and wife were with me and ended very wet, although to be fair all of the fast jets were getting the vapour effect.

Comment

Okay, here's some more for you...

Red Arrows 'Phoenix' formation in dedication to the two pilots John Egging & Sean Cunningham that lost their lives last year.

The Reds again after the sharp turn.

A Hawk T1 trainer in Union Jack colours for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

The Polish PZL Turbo Orlik display team heading down the runway to get airborne.

...more to follow!

Comment

...and some more.

An RAF Typhoon inverted.

Belgian Red Devils display team in stack formation.

Short Tucano flying with a special 'Diamond Jubilee paint scheme, underneath it has a special EIIR design which looks amazing.

Royal New Zealand Air Force Boeing 757, this was it heading to turn around before it's brilliant display.

A closer look at the republic Of South Korean Golden Eagle T-50, supersonic and amazing manoeuvrability.

...more to follow!

Comment

These are fantastic images Paul - all of them - talk about getting the most out of the available light! Thoroughly enjoying these.
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                              These are fantastic images Paul - all of them - talk about getting the most out of the available light! Thoroughly enjoying these.
                              Thank you Mark! It was pretty much the same for everyone with a camera, the exception being those with 500mm lens and cameras costing around £5,000.
                              I didn't take as many as I did last year, the light was so bad I didn't think many would actually turn out at all.
                              The rain wasn't too clever either, all three of us wife, mum and myself were wet for most of the day, it dried up and blue skies came 1 hour before the end.
                              Ah well, next year we start again! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X