Private plane crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private plane crash

A private plane fell into the sea just off the Island of Guersey , Channel islands at the weekend . Rescue services from France and Guernsey were called out. Husband and wife were in the plane and a nearby ship managed to save the wife. She was taken to France and recovered but said she had tried to pull her unconscious husband out of the ****pit but failed. It is feared he has gone down with the plane when it sank as no wreckage has been spotted on the surface. Accident investigators will decide if they will try to recover the plane.
    Last edited by kiki42; November 14th, 2011, 13:15. Reason: spelling error

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Re: Private plane crash

So hard to imagine what this poor woman must have gone through. The trauma of the initial plane crash, and then being powerless to save her husband from going down in the plane. A terrible thing to happen.
    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
      So hard to imagine what this poor woman must have gone through. The trauma of the initial plane crash, and then being powerless to save her husband from going down in the plane. A terrible thing to happen.
      I really would be sad if they dont retrieve her husbands body, i will listen to any updates on the news. I noticed still had a spelling error, but i didn't blank out part of my word. ! I gather it wasn't acceptable.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

news update on Plane ditched in the sea. The pilot was Ian ****inson and his wife, flying in a Piper Archer from england to Alderney, Channel Islands. It went into the sea near Guernsey, way off his route to Alderney. A Russian Cargo Ship picked up his wife clinging to a life raft. Air and sea rescues from France, Guernsey and Alderney took part along with fishing and cargo ships. The search has been called off for Mr ****inson.

Comment

It is heart-breaking to hear of things like this. They were an elderly couple, weren't they, he was in his seventies. And to have been with him when it happened - terrible.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I don't think there is any aspect of this accident that is not terrifying.

Comment

the latest update on the private plane which ditched into the sea. The body of the 79 year old pilot has still not been recovered. How sad for his wife to think he is still in the plane perhaps on the sea bed .

Comment

I agree, Kiki. She must be a tormented lady, poor soul.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                X