X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warbird Aviation!!

There is something so very 2alien" about this aircraft - I get that feeling every single time I see it on a photograph.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      There is something so very 2alien" about this aircraft - I get that feeling every single time I see it on a photograph.
      She does look unlike any aircraft built for the purpose of heavy bombing, but she is extremely graceful for a big girl.
      I must have several hundred photos of her.
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Can't stop looking at that last picture and thinking about the men who designed it.
        I'mean, look at the lines, all of them...., the designers surely left us some very nice curves to rest our eyes on..

Q: What's that "box" between the two starboard engines ?
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post

Can't stop looking at that last picture and thinking about the men who designed it.
          I'mean, look at the lines, all of them...., the designers surely left us some very nice curves to rest our eyes on..

Q: What's that "box" between the two starboard engines ?
          Avro who designed and built the Vulcan were definitely well ahead of their time, nothing like it when you see her up close and personal.

The box, is actually a plate Svein. Whether it's an anti vibration plate I don't really know.
          Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

My father is an Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) member and has spent much of the past week working with the restored B-17 Aluminum Overcast. Earlier in the week he talked of hours spent washing oil from the bottom of the wings and other numerous unglamorous tasks. His reward came Friday when he got to ride along as the plane was repositioned to central Georgia. So, he got a 2 1/2 hour ride at 2'500 feet (760 m) over the countryside.

He got to fly from the co-pilot's seat for a while and spent a fair bit of time in the nose and other areas offering views not normally seen by most of us.

All of these photos were taken by my father.

Comment

Lucky guy, your father! And if it weren't for that headset, his smile would've gone a complete 360 around his head ;-) I've been on board a B-17 myself (NINE-O-NINE), but on ground only.
              Have flown a DC-3 though, so I might imagine 50% of the sound when I close my eyes and try hard :-D Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

Comment

A totally awesome air to air footage of the Griffin.
                https://vimeo.com/162088181

Comment

All I can to that is a big WOW. Paul would have loved watching it.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

More air to air of the Gripen:
                    https://vimeo.com/174850240

Comment

Although I never got to meet you in real life, I miss you, Paul :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X