Rigid security control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigid security control

This little video on YouTube makes me mad.
    I know we need some sort of security at airports around, but does a 6-year old child have to go through this? What do they know about how crazy we adults makes the world? Shouldn't it be FUN for a child to travel along with mom and dad on a nice plane-ride?

Yes, I know...., there's always that crazy absurd possibility for a screwed parent to load explosives onto their child, but seriously...., how far is this sick security regime allowed to go??

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

This is ridiculous and serves no purpose. I accept a degree of security, but within logical limits.

The famouse rule about Liquids and Gels in less than 100 ml. containers being allowed and larger containers being banned.
    You can bring any number of items as long as they are smaller than 100 ml. Does anybody knowing what the actually contain.???
    It could be ingredients needed to produce liquid explosives for all I, or the Security people, know.

If anything OVER 100 ml. it has to be carried in a clear tamper free plastic bags. What does that do for safety??
    If it is explosive, I'm sure that it would blow a big hole in the plastic bag.

What is needed is a bit more surveillance of people and groups that is LIKELY to try a terrorist act, and leave ordinary people and 6 year old children alone.

Comment

This makes me whopping mad as well... what the h3ll!

She is a 6 year old girl being tapped down meticulously by a security guard.... this is madness, utter madness!

ARRRGHHH
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The same goes for nail clippers!

ILLEGAL....!

Are they afraid I'm going to give the Captain a manicure during the flight?
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I feel that the USA has the largest target painted on it's back for terrorists and too many Americans are flower carrying hippies. "I want perfect security but don't inspect me or my belongings and don't upset anyone by singling them out". Men, women, elderly and teenagers have all been used in attacks around the world. If they don't want their child to get the pat down then walk through the scanner. Those are your two choices. It's know by everyone when you buy an airplane ticket. Pick one but don't complain about it! If you don't like the security then get in your car and drive to grandma's.

This gets me to one of my big beefs (complaints). We (the US TSA) treats everyone the same and everyone is inspected thoroughly because they may be a terrorist. We need to strongly pursue a tiered trusted traveler program. I've gone through to many security and background screenings to count (ATF explosives license, handgun concealed carry...) and travel frequently but they waste resources inspecting me just like anyone else, every time I go to the airport. Profiling is a bad word in the US but I think it needs to be done. Many attacks on aircraft are done by a certain group with common traits. They should receive a different level of screening than others.

Comment

If you don't like the security then get in your car and drive to grandma's.
            Yepp, that's quite ok with me. The security around airline business and airports are way out of line.
            I don't know much about statistics and such when it comes to passengers, if it's going up or down, but I've halted and giving it a thought myself when in need of going some place; is it possible and ok when thinking about time to use my own car, train or boat/ship??
            I don't care much for the security regime that has developed at airports the past years, so if I can go some place without using an aircraft, GREAT!!
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Security is always one step behind the terrorist. All the security is a reaction to a previous attack. A guy puts a bomb in his shoe so now we must take our shoes off. Not before the attack but after. So, the terrorist hides the bomb in his underwear. Now it's the scanners or a very thorough pat down. Again after the attack. The progression of attempts on commercial aircraft seem to be on a pretty straight line and I don't know how security can cope with the next level. All passengers will have to undergo CAT or MRI scans to fly.

Comment

Working...
              X