Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oslo - New York in just one hour?

Oslo - New York in just one hour?

What do YOU think? Will it ever be a reality?

http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/11/05/t.../fly/14171649/
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Oh, wouldn't THAT solve a whole bunch of problems...............

Comment

A one hour trans-Atlantic flight would solve a lot of my travel problems. Sonata is useless. Ambien is too much for an 8 hour trans-Atlantic flight. They need to make faster planes or better sleeping drugs.

Comment

What do YOU think? Will it ever be a reality?
        Nope, we will never see this....
        Before, way back in time, I used to buy several aircraft/aviation/space magazines monthly (Flight Intl., Flug Revue, Flying, Interavia, Air Progress and so on), and this is just like reading about the SST-projects all over again.
        Such a craft will be built, oh yes, but NOT for passenger flights in the commercial use we think of.
        These projects tend to pop up just about around the time when NASA needs something else to work with, and this time it's the end of the Space Shuttle programme we see in conjunction.
        This hypersonic project for commercial passenger use will be in the media for...., mmmmmmm, oh, I would guess about three quarters of a year or so.
        (The military side of it will go on until they find a use for it that will pay the cost, of course).
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
          Oh, wouldn't THAT solve a whole bunch of problems...............
          Yes, so correct... the very expensive maintenance and repairs of the transponder-thingy is cost prohibitive.

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          Nope, we will never see this....
          Before, way back in time, I used to buy several aircraft/aviation/space magazines monthly (Flight Intl., Flug Revue, Flying, Interavia, Air Progress and so on), and this is just like reading about the SST-projects all over again.
          Such a craft will be built, oh yes, but NOT for passenger flights in the commercial use we think of.
          These projects tend to pop up just about around the time when NASA needs something else to work with, and this time it's the end of the Space Shuttle programme we see in conjunction.
          This hypersonic project for commercial passenger use will be in the media for...., mmmmmmm, oh, I would guess about three quarters of a year or so.
          (The military side of it will go on until they find a use for it that will pay the cost, of course).
          I agree with Sterkoder very much, I highly doubt we will ever see something like this in commercial aviation for us normal people.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
            A one hour trans-Atlantic flight would solve a lot of my travel problems. Sonata is useless. Ambien is too much for an 8 hour trans-Atlantic flight. They need to make faster planes or better sleeping drugs.
            I went back to Sonata this last trip (my mom is a very restless sleeper- keeps me awake when we share a cabin-but trip before last, my doctor gave me trazodone. It knocked me out harder than Sonata but not as much as Ambien did. Maybe that might work for you????

I vote for the faster planes, though.

Comment

Working...
            X