No announcement yet.

Airports of the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I first landed at Changi in 1997 enroute Bergen and was most impressed by the intuitive flight departure board, the Singaporean young women attired in pink miniskirts, always smiling and asking if they can help if a passenger stops and looks uncertain.

In 2014, it was just as good. Now it looks even better. Trouble is, after Changi one lands at Heathrow.........

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      Therein lies the problem, when you leave from Changi, your next airport is going to be a disappointment.

JUST LANDED AT GATWICK NORTH LONDON.. view from my emirates 380 .

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

• pakarang
      pakarang commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG... you are truly way higher up than the other jets in this image!

• kiki42
      kiki42 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, i was in Business Class so upstairs.. lol

My BA flight coming into Jersey Airport then taking me to Italy ...

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Inspired by kiki42 I dug down in my albums to find my pictures from Paris Charles De Gaulle 26. July 2015 and (missed by two days), Barcelona EL Prat 28. July 2016.
      And as the last two in the series, I added our ride from Oslo Gardermoen and a pre-landing long distance view of Kristiansund and the airport Kristiansund Kvernberget.
      (NOTE: Paris pictures taken with a iPhone5, Barcelona and Gardermoen pictures taken with a iPhone6S)

CDG-OSL (as did OSL-CDG) performed by a beautiful Embraer from HOP! for Air France. A fantastic aircraft to fly and great service from the company employees

Taxi out to take-off position, we passed a nice Air France line-up: Boeing 747, Airbus 330, Airbus 380, Airbus 340, Boeing 777 and what I remember as a Boeing 737 far back there

Just before taxiing out on the runway; Air Canada Boeing 777 and EasyJet Airbus 320

Then, 367 days later, we arrived EL Prat in Barcelona after the most perfect holiday to go home again on board a Boeing 737 from SAS.
      View from the gate area on our way to our gate

Finally, after a long walk, our ride home appear before us

View out the window as we were pushed back
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• kiki42
        kiki42 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Sterkoder, EasyJet fly direct from Jersey to Glasgow so I am a regular with them and I will be with them again on the 25th Oct when I am off to Glasgow again. The only thing I dont like is the baggage charge is so high now, so people are cramming cases into the cabin and we are often held back till people find a space for their bags .

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, the day something happens in an emergency, and it becomes a safety issue that pax drag all sorts of baggage into the cabin as "hand luggage", they might lower their charge. I might be wrong.

From Gate19 at Gardermoen, this is our ride home to Kristiansund

Finally, Kristiansund with the airport in the center there. Here you can clearly see the close proximity of our city to the Norwegian Sea and North Atlantic.
      The view is due north in this picture, if anyone for any reason want to use Google Map or anything
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• nari
        nari commented
        Editing a comment
        I enjoyed those photos of Gardermoen. Like Bergen, they both have a lot of traffic consistently, it seems, and everyone is courteous. and I found the bookstore at Gardermoen very much to my taste. Are the SAS aircraft 777s ?

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. No, nari, those SAS machines are not 777s, they are the smallest in the Boeing family, 737s :-)

As of last week, Singapore Airlines is now operating a service from Changi to Canberra and then onto Wellington NZ (return) three times a week. It seems to be proving very popular with the Singapore folk as an easy way to visit NZ. Our airport had to change a few things to accommodate an international plane; including a decent food area for quick snacks. It will be a different route and better than flying from Changi to Sydney and having to change planes for NZ. We will see how popular it becomes.

Comment

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope it will be a popular one then, as it seems like it will make travelling easier. Though people have to show their enthusiasm then, by ordering tickets :-)
    Working...
    X