lightning strike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lightning strike

today the new control tower in Jersey was hit by lightning affecting the radar system so planes were at a standstill. Delays were also caused with ice on the runway. The problems were not because of snow as the media reported. It is unusual to have snow in Jersey, so the little flurry we had is quite unusual especially this time of the year. Planes are now back to normal for the moment .

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

As I was getting 2 or 3 inches off my car yesterday morning someone passing told me that it is apparently 17 years since we had this amount in November. Hope it will be at least another 17 before it happens again.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I hope and pray all that snow is not coming this way. You might as well keep it... Oppps!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
        I hope and pray all that snow is not coming this way. You might as well keep it... Oppps!
        Snow in Edinburgh now too . . . and I thought we'd got it from you!

(Sorry can't illustrate with current satellite image because ironically the accumulation of snow on the aerial overnight is causing reception problems!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          (Sorry can't illustrate with current satellite image because ironically the accumulation of snow on the aerial overnight is causing reception problems!!!!!!!!)
          Oh, I like it!! I like it!!!
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
          X