Last year's Star Mega Do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year's Star Mega Do

Last year I joined my brother whose a frequent flyer with a SAS Eurobonus Gold status for the 2009 Star Mega Do. It's an event hosted by Star Alliance and the Flyer Talk community.

First, the reception in SAS' hangar at Gardermoen:

Then a performance by a traditional folklore dance band

Then one of SAS' air-hostess' singing "Fly with me"...

This was very early in November, so it was freezing outside, also look, one of the SAS classics, and MD80

Then the trip went on to Tolouse to visit Airbus, and see the A-380 production line, with a chartered Condor 757, and they also purposely missed the approach in Tolouse, so we had to make a pass. For the flight down there, the mods from Flyer Talk actually performed as airhosts, aided professionals of course. So they got up someone random to do the safety demo...

Sadly no photos were allowed to be taken inside the Airbus facility, but after then the trip went on to Frankfurt and a reception by Lufthansa at their Tower Lounge.

The following day at Frankfurt there were several things we could do, we chose to have a look at Lufthansa Technink's maintainance halls to see how they perfomred maintainance on planes like the 747, A-340-600 etc, sadly no photos allowed here either...

Enjoyed that trip, though it wasn't as hectic as it sounded from this short description...
    Olympus user
    E-M1, E-M5
    w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
    MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
    MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
    MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
    MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
    MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Fantastic Eirik: thank you so very, very much for letting me join you on this event.

All I can say, I want to be a GOLD member too... and see/ take part in this event!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
    X