• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th set of photos from RAF Waddington.

Merlin HAS

Luftwaffe Tornado

E-3D Sentry
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
      Messerschmitt ME109, a fine airworthy example.
      I feel like the Messerschmitt is smiling...............

Comment

Another great instalment! All top class pictures Paul, but it’s that Tornado that does it for me.

Comment

It's always amazing to see an "E-3D Sentry" in flight... with that big plate atop.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            It's always amazing to see an "E-3D Sentry" in flight... with that big plate atop.
            Thank you, Jan-Olav...., what you called that plane warms my heart!!!

EVERYONE comes smiling, telling me they have seen the AWACS-plane.
            You must be the first person I know calling it by its name
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

5th set of photos from RAF Waddington.

Transall C160, French Air Force

Hawker Hurricane

Panavia Tornado

BAE T-1 Hawk

No introduction needed, or...

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                5th set of photos from RAF Waddington....
                Oh goody!
                That first photo is a great "man and machine" image

Comment

lol The funny thing is that the guy was on his mobile phone, I guess even the French Air Force like to call home once in a while.

Comment

Why don't we get a real good air show here in Trondheim as well sometime?

So jealous.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Why don't we get a real good air show here in Trondheim as well sometime?

So jealous.
                      We had a huge airshow at Vaernes 16th June 1996.
                      This was an airshow arranged by the Norwegian Aero Club, RNoAF, Vaernes Aero Club (50 years) and Braathens SAFE (50 years).
                      I belive I've posted a few images from that show elswhere in here
                      We had the Safir, Safari, Vampire, F-16, F-15, A-10, KC-135, E-3A, B737, DC-3, KC-10, Draken, Tunnan, Tommelisa, Bleriot, DHC-8, Tornado, Cub, Broussard, Invader, Harvard, Stearman, Hunter, Hercules, Orion, Tiger Moth, Viggen, Hot air Baloons, sailplanes, modelplanes, DC-9, the usual Pipers and Cessnas and what not.
                      This was a huge airshow, but sadly on the day of the show we had low stratus clouds and light rain....

Sent a mail a few years back to someone who was in on the arrangement committee in 1996 and asked if anyone had plans of ever do a huge airshow at Vaernes again. Got no answer though...

Comment

1996 -> 2010 is a long time, too long time if you ask me. About time for the next one don't you agree?

Comment

1996 -> 2010 is a long time, too long time if you ask me. About time for the next one don't you agree?
                          Oh, I agree. I'm kind of tired to have to drive down to Stavanger, Gardermoen or Rygge to see a great and huge airshow...., not that I have the habit of doing so, other than Gardermoen.
                          But the reason I personally didn't experience the other airshows mentioned, was the long travel distance combined with not compatible with work.
                          Now it's about time the people from south and north, (who have had their fair share of airshows at Bodø and Bardufoss), travel to us, here in the middle!!!
                          We have a great airport, we have people very well prepared and able to host a huge airshow, we have the facilities for over night accomodation for the crew and public AND when arranged at the right time of year, we have the weather. Tried it in '96, can do it again!!

(Then again, I know nobody who can help me push the right buttons, so in this case it's entirely up to others to walk the line).

Comment

Re: RAF Waddington Airshow 2010

Here is a few aircraft to be going on with from last years RAF Waddington Airshow.

Nimrod

Supermarine Spitfires

Hawker Seahawk

Avro Vulcan

BAE (Hawker Siddeley) Harrier

Comment

Working...
                            X