X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Day With The REDS!

Well here I was again, back at RAF Scampton watching the Red Arrows yet again.
    This was RAF Scampton's Families Day,for all the families of the pilots, ground crews, cooks..etc
    We got a frontline seat at the runway fence, the best view you could ask for. And, for free!

Here we have the REDS taking off for what turned to be an astonishing display, with the Hawk T1's flying not far above our heads. Really!!

RED by RED I called this one, not many meters to my right. And loud too!

How close can you get to the REDS... 'er well, this close!

At this point they were very high up.

And then they did this!

When I've get around to it, I'll drop some more on.
    Dinner needs cooking, guess who's been nominated! Hmmm! That would be me.
    Last edited by SaintsFCFan; September 8th, 2013, 14:27.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Fantastic! Can't wait..., btw; what's for dinner...? :-)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Stunning pictures of The REDS
      My favorite is #3
      Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

Glorious photos yet again. The Reds came over here last weekend on their way between Portrush and Bournemouth airshows - something really special.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          Fantastic! Can't wait..., btw; what's for dinner...? :-)
          Ah! Dinner ended up going "bing, bing, bing" I forgot to defrost a certain component of the dinner we were supposed to have had. Ooops!

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
            Stunning pictures of The REDS
            My favorite is #3
            Thank you Asimut! He certainly was very close to us when he made this high speed pass, but then the REDS have less restrictions on them over the area surrounding the airbase.

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
              Glorious photos yet again. The Reds came over here last weekend on their way between Portrush and Bournemouth airshows - something really special.
              Thank you Mark! The REDS have had an extremely busy season, I think also because of the tragedy that beset the REDS people feel an awful lot closer to them giving them a special place with us.

Comment

I have a few more to drop in.

This is one of my favourites from the day, a low flying head on RED is something else!

I struggled to keep up with this RED, so quick I nearly missed him.

Banked over and at high speed, you could feel the power.

Again, flying low and pouring on the power. But not quite head on though.

I think they had a lot of fun with this routine, I know we had a lot of fun watching it.

I'll put some more on soon,
                From a vast amount of photos I've taken this year, I'm a bit slow sorting through them from one reason or another.

Comment

Once again a wonderful series of images, thank you.
                  Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Paul, not only a fantastic display, but what fantastic skills you have developed in capturing these images of the REDS! Absolutely stunning. The close ups are really something. Image 3, i am sure if you zoomed in on that image you could see everything in that ****pit, and you could use image 8 to do an external inspection of the plane's underside! Great work Paul.
                    Last edited by Steve.B; September 10th, 2013, 12:54. Reason: EDIT: After posting i can see that the new forum language filters are just as good as the old forums!
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

my attempt at catching the Red Arrows today at the air display over St Aubins Bay. i caught them from my kitchen window flying over the airport before the display . I am afraid they are nothing like the ones on this thread ..lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

I love that one at 11.3, Kiki, you have caught it at a perfect moment. And the following two, well, in my feeble attempts at our local Seething show I never came anywhere near that, and they were slow flying, not jets!
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• kiki42
                          kiki42 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i couldn't even see them through my camera and i tried to zoom in to find them, that didn't always work, Before adding one i could have cropped and enlarged the one with all the planes and it would have been a better photo. I did the heart on a video but it was so near only caught the top of it, so that one was deleted from my camera .lol

I'm with Ivy, 11/3 is clever - really get a feeling of speed and distance!
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• kiki42
                          kiki42 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          hi Mark, there were so many lovely shapes in the sky, i couldn't keep up with them...lol just pot luck with that one.. lol
                      Working...
                      X